PDA

View Full Version : Flying with JAA-PPL and russian registration?

acuba 290
5th Sep 2006, 17:07
hallo ,
i have in my planes, to make some training in Russia on Yak-18 with RA-registration. People from airclub there saying they don't have problem with my JAA-PPL, if i fly with instructor like PIC/US or P1/US. That's actually what i want, just couple of hours as training and check with Yak-18, but what about UK CAA, which issued PPL to me? Am i a loud to fly with RA-registered aircraft in Russia with JAA? Russia is not a JAA country, but for wxample i saw, that for NQ training 5 hours can be done in non-JAA, but just ICAO country...so i am confused little bit now...

DFC
5th Sep 2006, 21:30
The licence requirements for pilots to fly Russian aircraft is a matter for the Russian Aviation Authority.

They may validate a foreign PPL which is issued in accordance with ICAO standards.

The JAA countries do not recognise PPLs flying as P1/S except in very specific circumstances.

Night rating / qualification training completed by properly qualified and authorised instructors in other countries who comply with ICAO requirements can be accepted in the UK provided all the requirements for the issue of the night qualification i.e. 5 take offs and full stop landings etc are completed.

Regards,

DFC

acuba 290
5th Sep 2006, 21:51
but if it ok with russian authority, may i write this hours in my logbook with JAA-PPL?

DFC
6th Sep 2006, 11:45
Of course.

Provided that the Russians validate your licence then you are entitled to operate the aircraft according to their rules and log the time.

Regards,

DFC