PDA

View Full Version : hand baggage, quick answer please

the_flying_cop
4th Sep 2006, 15:03
hi, im going away tomorrow with mrs TFC and i wonder can i now take my ipod in my hand luggage or does it have to be stowed?
i have studied some operators' website and the DOT but nothing obvious there to answer this query.
a speedy response would be appreciated.
TFC

angelwings2006
4th Sep 2006, 15:08
you are permitted to take an ipod in your hand luggage.
(It is not a paste, liquid, cream or gel)

Happy travels :D

toledoashley
4th Sep 2006, 15:09
The answer is YES. You can take all the usual items apart from anything that is water based - including Cosmetics/Drinks etc. Also the size has been reduced to roughly a briefcase sized bag.

the_flying_cop
4th Sep 2006, 15:12
thanks a lot for that, happy days ahead

i would be worried if my ipod went pasty or liquified.

anyhow, all the best to u all. (sunshine mode - go, work mode - off)

TFC

james170969
4th Sep 2006, 15:27
I flew from Charleroi to Prestwick yesterday. I asked at security if it was possible to take my lipbalm and a bottle of juice. The security officers I spoke to looked at me as if I had two heads! I even showed the items to other officers when I went through the security search and they didn't seem in the least bit concerned.

The answer is YES. You can take all the usual items apart from anything that is water based - including Cosmetics/Drinks etc. Also the size has been reduced to roughly a briefcase sized bag.

EGBKFLYER
4th Sep 2006, 15:35
james - they would look at you strangely and not just because they're Belgian!

The rules about liquids etc etc and hand baggage apply to people travelling OUT of the UK and TRANSITING through the UK. If your journey finishes in the UK, you can pack normally unless there are any additional local rules where you are (none at Charleroi afaik).

angelwings2006
4th Sep 2006, 16:10
lip balms, liquid/cream foundations, mascaras etc can not be carried in hand luggage!

any CREAM, PASTE, GEL, or LIQUID can NOT be carried in hand luggage.

:D

Globaliser
4th Sep 2006, 16:25
The rules about liquids etc etc and hand baggage apply to people travelling OUT of the UK and TRANSITING through the UK. If your journey finishes in the UK, you can pack normally unless there are any additional local rules where you are (none at Charleroi afaik).EZY's got a useful page (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/business_as_usual_18_aug_06.html) purporting to state current local restrictions. I hope it's being kept up to date. It's also probably that this only covers EZY-operated routes. But it's a start.

cavortingcheetah
4th Sep 2006, 16:32
:hmm:

So may one take on board, in suitable plastic containers the following:

1. Tooth powder.

2. Snuff.

3. Ant powder.

4. Talcum powder.

5. Medicated prescription foot powder?

:confused:

Crepello
4th Sep 2006, 17:44
Not through Paris CDG, you can't. Or not according to job-security at terminal 2E on Saturday, who deprived my colleague of several sachets of non-prescription medication, on the grounds that "you can mix it with water to create an explosive".

I argued the toss quite vigorously, but in vain. :mad:

skydriller
5th Sep 2006, 12:17
From the EZY link:

From France:
Passengers are not allowed to carry liquids in hand baggage, and are requested to limit themselves to one piece of hand baggage.

Nice: No hand baggage is currently allowed onboard aircraft (this includes goods bought from shops in the departures area).

Errr....anyone know why is Nice different to all the rest of France?

FYI .. Bordeaux has sane security guys, they are only confiscating liquids and searching as per normal.

Regards, SD..

wiggy
6th Sep 2006, 15:36
Sounds like TLS is similar to Bordeaux, i.e. security are doing a secondary search at the gate of all pax bound for the UK ( BA and EZE) and removing any liquids found in hand baggage. However EZE seem also to have banned handluggage ( perhaps to reduce delays due to secondary search).
As for Nice???

Globaliser
7th Sep 2006, 08:03
As for Nice???Don't know why, but I did notice that Nice features specially in EZY's "State of the Union" page (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/business_as_usual_18_aug_06.html):-From France:
Passengers are not allowed to carry liquids in hand baggage, and are requested to limit themselves to one piece of hand baggage.

Nice: No hand baggage is currently allowed onboard aircraft (this includes goods bought from shops in the departures area).