PDA

View Full Version : Student Says Hello.

richard14
3rd Sep 2006, 21:37
Hello all,

I'm Richard, a 41 yr old ex squaddie, who has decided to learn to fly. I've had just 3hrs to date at Compton Abbas but I'm very keen. At present I'm only managing 2 lessons a month, but hopefully this will increase to 4 lessons after Christmas. My hope is that by next year, I'll have passed my Flight test and be in the market to buy (into) an aircraft to take me and my family touring Europe.

I accept that there is some input to be made by me between now and then......but I'm relishing the challenge...

Wow, this is exciting....... and next lesson Thursday :ok:

S-Works
4th Sep 2006, 10:12
welcome....... :ok:

Aussie Andy
4th Sep 2006, 14:11
Good for you mate - let us know how you get on, and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Andy :ok:

BRL
4th Sep 2006, 17:01
Hi Richard and welcome to our forum.

If you look around, there have been a few diary threads, one follows our good friend, Mazzy who posted after every lesson he had on here and kept a really good on-line diary. Have a look at it, you will find it handy at your stage of things.--> From Zero to Forty-Five- My PPL Diary (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=138022&highlight=Diary)

Keep us posted and of course if you have any questions at all you will find some very experienced guys (and Girls) around here.

Good Luck :)