PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Times Competition

mdc
3rd Sep 2006, 19:18
Does anyone have last weeks password for the sunday times learn to fly competition ?

thanks.

tangovictor
4th Sep 2006, 13:07
i missed last weeks issue also ? anyone remember it please ?

172driver
4th Sep 2006, 13:46
Yes - will trade it for this weeks' !! am abroad and can't get the ST (at least not the UK edition) :{

tangovictor
4th Sep 2006, 13:49
this weeks word is > pilot <

172driver
4th Sep 2006, 14:21
Thanks, now good on my promise - last week's was Aeroplane. Really creative, the chaps at The Times....;)

One question though - anybody know where to get the entry form/details ? In last week's ST it said 'will be published next Sunday' i.e. yesterday.

PS: was pilot spelled lower or upper case ? Aeroplane was exactly as above.

mdc
4th Sep 2006, 18:42
It's "Pilot". It seems you need to enter on the official form printed in the travel section yesterday. Although in the newspaper it says no purchase neccessary.
Here's the Times Competition (http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,27149,00.html) link.

172driver
4th Sep 2006, 18:57
mdc, I found it - online. If you go to the Times website, register for a free e-paper trial, then navigate (no GPS required ;) ) to the travel section, scroll down, you'll find it. You can then do a screenshot, save as pdf and print it off. Uffff.... bit absurd having to do this offline for a prize flying what's probably the most (avionicswise) advanced GA a/c in current production..... then again, if it had been online, the CAA would probably invalidate everything as it was using modern technology :E

Fliegel
5th Sep 2006, 12:13
Thx for the tip 172, I suspect youve reduced your chances of winning by a couple but if I win ill fly you anywhere in the UK you want to go... in daylight...

*edit* haha apparently you cannot access the travel section if you are in the UK??? Ill try it from home later.

*edit* never mind, reading the small print the e-paper is only available to users outside the Uk or the ROI. Guess ill have to use a router from home.

172driver
5th Sep 2006, 17:50
never mind, Fliegel, if I win you can come along and admire all the nice TV screens - even by night, when they glow nicely (till a failed electric bus do us part.....)