PDA

View Full Version : Instructing Abroad

VFE
31st Aug 2006, 14:06
Hi folks,

Been touring with the idea of instructing abroad - namely USA & Spain, the usual countries. Can anyone recommend the best way of getting recognised by the schools in these countries?

I see Naples are still advertising but not getting much response back from them so far. Apart from them and OFT - are there any others out in Florida who might employ FI (R)'s?

VFE.

Jinkster
31st Aug 2006, 18:03
Only problem working in the US is the visa situation!!!

VFE
31st Aug 2006, 18:11
Someone told me if you've had one before then you won't get one again. Is this true?

VFE.

mcgoo
31st Aug 2006, 18:37
no, i got one last year that is valid until jan 07 but i'm going back out there feb 2007 and got my visa interview september

jerezflyer
31st Aug 2006, 19:30
there is a BIG demand for English speaking instructors in Spain (if your billingual so much the better).

I am a PPL, currently doing CPL groundschool with GTS with a view to becoming an instructor - I was told by AeroMadrid that I would be offered a job as FI if I had the quals (I am bilingual) .......

papazulu
31st Aug 2006, 19:57
I was told by AeroMadrid that I would be offered a job as FI if I had the quals (I am bilingual) .......

I don't want to turn you down but I assure that every FTO in the world would say that to you, since they need to sell you the FI package. Find a place in the school itself is also matter of luck: be there at the right time and so on...Anyway, go for it if you feel you wanna a FI, Spain is surely busy place. I wonder if the money is better than other places...:E

PZ :ok:

VFE
31st Aug 2006, 20:45
What places in Spain (apart from Aeromadrid and FTE) seek English speaking instructors?

My google searches are turning up very little by way of english teaching schools out there and it's been a while since I was flying in Spain so I'm slightly out of the Spanish loop.

VFE.

aerobatic sean
31st Aug 2006, 20:47
Jerez Flyer

I would welcome your thoughts on the Bournmouth GTS groundschool.
I wish to enroll with GTS for JAA CPL groundscool - distance learning.
I too wish to instruct only - and in Spain !
many thanks