PDA

View Full Version : Norwich Airport Landing Fees

SkyHawk-N
31st Aug 2006, 13:53
Norwich are increasing their landing fees tomorrow. A minimum of £30 + VAT up to one ton (or is that tonne?) and £35 + VAT for over one ton (up to 3 ton).

Anyone here from Norwich Airport who can explain the reason for the increase?

I have been told, by someone who works there, it is because they don't have time for small aeroplanes anymore! :*

And they like US to help them out by contacting them for FIS/RIS when around their area. :hmm:

Whirlygig
31st Aug 2006, 13:55
Could it be that they're not getting any help now that Colt has shut down. I understood that they shared facilities for Approach.

Certainly in the last week when I've been there, it was busy!

Cheers

Whirls

Longbow55
31st Aug 2006, 14:48
Well, guess I know were I will not go anymore.

formationfoto
31st Aug 2006, 20:45
Although I dont know I suspect it is due to the airport having to produce a return for shareholders combined with an increase in commercial traffic. An airport has to make money and the peole who control the airport simply see movements as revenue events. I suspect they feel that it is not worth collecting anything less than £30. The age old argument comes to the fore - higher prices mean they will frighten off private GA traffic and therefore get nothing so why not charge sensible fees and at least get something?. Sadly most airports just see private GA as activity clogging up the airpace and landing 'slots'.

This, of course, is why we need sensible policies to support smaller GA airfields.

I dont think it has anything to do with Colt.

Barnaby the Bear
31st Aug 2006, 20:59
And they like US to help them out by contacting them for FIS/RIS when around their area.

And nothing to do with yours, and others in the areas flight safety?!!!!!!! :ugh:

SkyHawk-N
1st Sep 2006, 05:21
And nothing to do with yours, and others in the areas flight safety?!!!!!!! :ugh:

Barnaby, when flying near to the Norwich ILS approach the ATC likes to know what your intentions are so that commercial operations are not interupted. This is fair enough but sometimes when using their FIS/RIS and your are NOT in danger of going near to their ILS you sometimes feel a bit of a hinderence. Last week I was under FIS and I requested a freq. change the short response was 'ok bye', I thought to myself 'oh, I'd better squawk 7000 then'. There was a total of two other aircraft on their freq. at the time, another VFR and a commercial on long approach.

Barnaby the Bear
1st Sep 2006, 18:08
I am sure you weren't a hinderence.
Obviously I wasn't there, but you requested to leave the frequency. By the sounds of it you had the relevant traffic, and by your words, you were not in conflict. Therefore the controller would have considered you 'clean'. You requested frequency change and ok it may not be the most by the book phraseology, but he/she would have no reason to keep hold of you. :)

Arclite01
2nd Sep 2006, 08:35
Norwich has always been expensive from a GA perspective I think.

But you do get a good service from ATC - the full works.

And Bob Gough is/was a top guy as SATCO

Is he still there ?

cheers

Arc

IO540
2nd Sep 2006, 08:36
Could be worse. I have just paid Euro 223 at Tirana (LATI) in Albania :)

Arclite01
2nd Sep 2006, 08:40
Is only the E/W runway available now ?

Arc

formationfoto
2nd Sep 2006, 17:48
Sadly the air traffic guys (and girls) dont set the landing fees. They do provide agreat service though.

stiknruda
3rd Sep 2006, 14:20
They do provide agreat service though.

Agree 100%. Was working Narich yesterday early am on my way to Fenland. Controller told me that he'd been working a similiar type bound for same destination but lost radio and radar contact. If I saw G-xxxx would I ask them to call Norwich.

I landed, found the pilot of G-xxxx and told him to phone Narich. He was rooting around in someone's copy of Pooleys in the AeroClub bar when I answered a ringing phone....

T'was Narich wanting to make sure that G-xxxx was alright! Good lads and lasses.

Stik