PDA

View Full Version : North American RTE Plan (NRP).

B777FD
30th Aug 2006, 15:38
Reference CZYZ NOTAM A5165/06 regarding the trial of the North American Route Program can anyone kindly direct me to some useful links on this with regard to flight planning.

I am basically looking to clarify whether NAT traffic Should be planned as usual on NARs or planned on random routes as per the NOTAM. As I read it it is alternative clearances issues by an ATC management team to offload busy sectors/aerodromes and therefore non-plannable. I have had feedback from crew that it is an error in planning and need to clarify this.

I have read the FAA publication:

http://www.faa.gov/ATPUBS/FAC/Ch17/s1714.html

but am stil a little unsure. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

FD.

Scott Voigt
31st Aug 2006, 14:43
Hi FD;

NRP routes are mainly for domestic routing of aircraft between city pairs. We have normal routes that we do for flow management into main city pairs and by going to the command center, an airline is able to sometimes get dispensation from filing the normal route and flying a more weather (winds) friendly route to try to save some money.

If you are flying from across the pond, they won't apply to you. Just fly and file what is appropriate for you to a fix that starts the STAR and you should be fine.

regards

Scott

B777FD
31st Aug 2006, 21:31
Many thanks Scott

The wording of it all is unclear to say the least. Appreciate your feedback and clarification. Sometimes a reroute is interpreted as a planning error so I am glad to be able to pass this on. This helps me a great deal.

Best regards

FD