PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea ?

fredmrs
30th Aug 2006, 09:55
Hello everybody!

I'm french i've got a CPL IR (JAA)with 315 Hrs. As a lot of people in my case i'm looking for a way to increase my flying hours. I'm interrested to do a FI(r) training in UK and then to work for flying clubs a couple of time untill i've got more hours and then joining an airlines will be easier hopefully. What do you think about that ?
Can advise me a flying school to do this training in UK ?
Is it easy to get an instructor job when you are FI(r) in flying clubs ?
And my last question will be as i've got a French JAA CPL do i need to exchange it in a UK one to do the training and to work next. I've been told by French civil aviation that the CAA can't write a qualification on a French JAA Licence, but the flying school i've contacted tell me that i don't need to exchange it, what do you thing ?
Anyway I want to thank you very much for all your informations.

All the best for you and good flight!

OpenCirrus619
30th Aug 2006, 10:50
I've just finished my FI(R) with Clive Elesemore (http://www.seaviation.co.uk) and can strongly recommend him. (The web-site is a little out of date as he is working out of Headcorn / Lashenden at the moment - but the mobile number is definitely OK).

I'm sure he can answer your questions about licencing - or will "know a man who can".

OC619