PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance

snoopyeagle
29th Aug 2006, 20:37
Im sure this question will have come up before but can anyone recommend a company that doesnt massivley load premiams for life cover for ppls

Many thanks

Shunter
29th Aug 2006, 21:35
I took out a personal injury policy with Combined Insurance a few years back when I was doing a lot of bike racing (Isle of Man etc). Was pretty reasonable at about £50/quarter; covered all sorts of stuff like £100 per night in hospital, various (sometimes large) payouts for injuries depending on seriousness etc, plus it had £50k of life cover. Not 100% on the figures, that's just from memory.

Absolutely no restriction on what it covered, so that includes bikes, planes, ferrets, BDSM... ahem. Caught someone breaking into my house in the middle of the night and hit them so hard I broke my scapula (shoulder bone thingy). Sure enough, paid out straight away.

Hope that's of some use...

Cusco
29th Aug 2006, 21:53
Traffords.
Cusco
Edited:
or you could use the search modality like the rest of us.

QDMQDMQDM
29th Aug 2006, 22:11
BIll Perkins at Alexander Price has sorted me out with a policy with no loading for flying:

http://www.alexanderprice.co.uk

There is no point calling companis in the general market because you just get taken through the mill and at the end they say 'No, sorry, can't do it.'

S-Works
30th Aug 2006, 09:39
I have a legal and general policy. £1m and fly around 400hrs a year with no loading. I am also a Technical Diving Instructor, Kite Board & Buggy, Shoot, ride a motorbike, surf & canoe and aggrevate my wife a lot. All dangerous sports!

They were more interested in AIDS testing me and checking how much I drank than flying or any of my hobbies!

Windrusher
30th Aug 2006, 16:23
I ended up, after a number of enquiries, with Legal & General, with a small loading covering power flying, gliding and sailing. They also accepted occasional glider aerobatics.
Windrusher

wombat13
31st Aug 2006, 09:05
I have a legal and general policy. £1m and fly around 400hrs a year with no loading. I am also a Technical Diving Instructor, Kite Board & Buggy, Shoot, ride a motorbike, surf & canoe and aggrevate my wife a lot. All dangerous sports!
They were more interested in AIDS testing me and checking how much I drank than flying or any of my hobbies!

I can only echo what is said here. In my case, Skandia provide a meaningful amount of life cover to me and impose no loading whatsoever for my flying.

Some advice, whilst Bose-X (modest name, to go along with his modest life cover) mentions all of his "dangerous" pass-times, I cannot stress enough how important this is.

Tell them everything, including all details from your medical background (unless of course it happened on a holiday to south east Asia and you had it treated locally....... :rolleyes:

Let them decide what is important.

The Wombat