PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have $160,000 lying around

FlyinLow
27th Aug 2006, 22:12
Found this on ebay, I think its pretty cheap if it goes for 160K. I wonder what the maintainance would be like on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jet-Fighter-faster-than-MIG-Albatros-L39-Mach-1-3_W0QQitemZ130021119968QQihZ003QQcategoryZ63677QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

Jerricho
27th Aug 2006, 23:31
Jet flying is fundamentally simple, well within the bounds of the average person.

Riiiiiiiiight..........

Big Pistons Forever
28th Aug 2006, 02:45
It is not maintanance that will kill you it is the cost of fuel. I would guess you would be looking at more than 1500 USD a hour just for the fuel.:uhoh: :eek:

er340790
29th Aug 2006, 03:26
Beats a new PA-28!

VFR by an ASEL PPL would certainly get ATC's full attention.

Go on, you know it makes sense.......

Jerricho
29th Aug 2006, 16:23
Yeah, can't wait for somthing like that (or one of them VLJs being flown by a very inexperienced newbie) carving up the circuit. Or request joining instructions while travelling at some stupid speed........

"Clearance not available, oh, I see you're here already!"

GreatCircle
11th Sep 2006, 21:53
Yeah, can't wait for somthing like that (or one of them VLJs being flown by a very inexperienced newbie) carving up the circuit. Or request joining instructions while travelling at some stupid speed........

"Clearance not available, oh, I see you're here already!"

Godsake, with respect to the private jet jocks, I'm with Jerricho. Florida last year, just as we had held short I saw a nutjob in one of those ancient Paris jet re-hashs carve up well and proper - the tower was very calm and helpful, then told him exactly what they thought...high performance in the hands of a green jock, recipe for utter disaster...