PDA

View Full Version : Passports - how quickly are they filled?

philltowns
19th Aug 2006, 16:27
Hello,

Currently way down on the commercial training ladder. Just renewing my passport, and wondered if it was worth paying the little extra for the 48-page one? For pilots flying for big airlines, how quickly are the pages used up? Does it really matter if there's no space left?

Cheers

PT

redsnail
19th Aug 2006, 21:58
If your goal in the foreseeable future is to fly mainly within Europe for a lo co then your passport won't fill up quickly. I have no idea what the go is for a long haul pilot. You'll probably get visas for the US any way. They take up a page or two depending on which ones you get.

If your goal is to fly for a bizjet operator then your passport will fill up fairly quickly. Most Customs officers generally keep the stamps fairly tidy but some just randomly stamp any thing any where.

ETOPS
19th Aug 2006, 23:12
philltowns

Flying longhaul for BA I have collected just a couple of stamps - in ten years!!

US visa covers two pages and we are waved through immigration in most former Empire destinations. Same in the Middle East and South America. Main exception is China........

philltowns
20th Aug 2006, 13:08
That's great. Saves me a few quid!

Cheers

PT