PDA

View Full Version : UK hand baggage question??

FLYboh
16th Aug 2006, 19:53
Do the UK restrictions affect inbound flights?

I ask because I'm flying to GRO this weekend and hope to be able to check-in online for the return flight as my luggage meets Ryanairs hand baggage policy. Obviously it will have to go as hold baggage on the outbound flight as it will be too big for the current UK security limit.

Thanks for any help:ok:

BOAC
16th Aug 2006, 20:41
It appears to be no problem to bring on mobiles, laptops, trolleys what-have-you anywhere in Europe outside UK - don't ask:ugh:

older_wiser
16th Aug 2006, 20:51
Doesn't seem to any problem coming into UK !

BLK 33
16th Aug 2006, 22:24
Well, BOAC & older_wiser(!), since the alledged threat was identified to be on a flight ex-UK, I don't see why you find this perplexing.

Even if it wasn't, isn't it better that the UK authorities are doing something about it, even if others are not?

BOAC
17th Aug 2006, 08:14
Second point agreed whole-heartedly, but your first assumes these people do not travel?

OzExpat
17th Aug 2006, 12:25
I've just now had to make an unsked change from QF to BA, enroute LHR. I thought this might create a problem for me because of my carry-on baggage and the fact that QF have no restrictions, going TO LHR. It was confirmed to me that there are also no carry-on baggage restrictions on BA for the same destination.