PDA

View Full Version : BA - minimum age to travel alone?

sweety
13th Aug 2006, 09:35
I just spent ages on BA website and tried calling them - no luck!:ugh:

Could anybody advice the minimum age for a young person to travel alone (NOT SkyFlyer Solo "thingy"). My niece is 14, coming to visit me, there is a possibility she'll be travelling alone and I don't think SkyFlyer Solo will take anyone over the age of 12, - will she be ok to go on her own?

Thanks!:ok:

flymiss
13th Aug 2006, 10:45
She should be able to travel as a YP (young passenger) between the age of 12-15. That means she travels alone but I believe some assistance is available.

Globaliser
14th Aug 2006, 00:52
Could anybody advice the minimum age for a young person to travel alone (NOT SkyFlyer Solo "thingy"). My niece is 14, coming to visit me, there is a possibility she'll be travelling alone and I don't think SkyFlyer Solo will take anyone over the age of 12, - will she be ok to go on her own?She should be fine to go on her own. Skyflyers Solo is optional for 12-18 year olds. This BA page (http://tinyurl.com/g9vud) says:-Our Skyfler Solo service applies to, and is mandatory for all children travelling alone from five years (on single-sector flights under 4hours in duration) up to their 12th birthday.

Children over 12 can travel alone or they can take advantage of our Skyflyer Solo service.

British Airways will no longer provide airport staff assistance for older children between 12 years old and their 18th birthday, unless you specifically request and pay for the Skyflyer Solo service at the time of booking.I spent pretty much all the years between 12 and 18 travelling regularly between London and Hong Kong on my own without the UM service; no problems there.

sweety
21st Aug 2006, 23:06
Thank you for your replies!! :)

PAXboy
22nd Aug 2006, 01:18
I spent pretty much all the years between 12 and 18 travelling regularly between London and Hong Kong on my own
[Violins] Aahhh poor Globaliser only now do we see the full sad story that brings you to these desolate shores of PPRUNE. Night after night, you seek that comfort that you never got from the BOAC Aunty ... :{

OK, OK, too much duty free to quell this summer cold. It's a fair cop and I'll go quietly. No need to call the Mods.

Globaliser
22nd Aug 2006, 13:15
Night after night, you seek that comfort that you never got from the BOAC Aunty ... :{ And I tell you what, some of those Aunties ...

No, I'd better not. JB is no place for this thread. :)