PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong in Denmark ??

TheSeparator
9th Aug 2006, 22:50
Keep on hearing that Denmark is running on reduced ATC capacity. Latest info indicated many month before a solutions was envisaged.

Anybody know more ??

Regards,

TheSeparator

Short Approach?
12th Aug 2006, 08:09
Equipment and lack of staff is the problem. I expect a 5% capacity-raise pr week from now on en-route that is. Rates in and out of CPH will take longer.

Dont tell um pike
12th Aug 2006, 08:13
Im sure i've read there is something rotten in the state , but i can't remember where ! :)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
12th Aug 2006, 08:22
<<Im sure i've read there is something rotten in the state >>

It's the beer - it soooo expensive!

HispeedApproved
30th Aug 2006, 12:54
Well, just dont buy your ALL your draught beer in Nyhavn, then it's not that expensive... ;)

ATC Watcher
30th Aug 2006, 20:50
Equipment and lack of staff is the problem.

short of staff? But a few years ago your management was telling eveyone how overstaffed you were, and that we could get Dannish controllers by the dozen if we wanted !

Did they all left for good ?

huv
31st Aug 2006, 11:01
Just asked the same question on the Danish forum. Understand our ATC has radar problems - apparently Naviair is working to fix it. I fly SEP(L) IFR, but not to CPH, but even out of and into small airports I get CTOTs, which are otherwise unheard of in Denmark. Apparently no NOTAM or AIC issued on that.

flowman
1st Sep 2006, 14:59
The info we have is that they have "computer problems".
They can run at maximum 75% of normal capacity, and that's until further notice.

foghorn
2nd Sep 2006, 10:53
<<Im sure i've read there is something rotten in the state >>
It's the beer - it soooo expensive!

But nice.. (remembers many a short;) evening drinking 6% Tuborg Guld in the pubs on Nyhavn).