PDA

View Full Version : China

Trentino
8th Aug 2006, 23:28
Hello all. Just enjoyed a few beers and then this question came across my mind.

With the incredible growth of traffic in China and all those boeing ,airbus ,mcd etc...flying around, i was just curious how the training and safety aspects are handled. Not to be slanderous but the Chinese are not famous for their command of English. How has this affected flight training and safety standards.

Many years ago I read of a Chinese Md-80 flying direct a Mountain side with the GPWS blairing 'woop woop pull up woop woop pull' The last words before impact were of the chinese f/o asking his captain in chinese "what does pull up mean" I know this is extreme but is safety taken for granted there?

cheerio!

NVpilot
9th Aug 2006, 14:46
The airspace in China is very busy nowadays, using meters and speaking Chinese (go figure) to all Chinese airlines, accident waiting to happen? :uhoh:

iamanaussiemavrick
10th Aug 2006, 05:58
Hi,

Are they communicating in chinese in cockpit :hmm: .... Then how is pilots from english speaking native working there, head many do..:rolleyes: ..

:sad:

NVpilot
10th Aug 2006, 07:07
Of course they use English while operating with an expat crewmember, I feel that it would be a safer environment if ATC used English only, not the case though.:\