PDA

View Full Version : Should I renew my A320 type rating?

aircowboy
6th Aug 2006, 23:31
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I don't write in this forum, but know I have a big doubt and I need your help to solve it. I am currently flying the ATR 42 and I almost have 1500 hours TT (about 1200 on the ATR). I also have an A320 type rating that expired about 6 months ago. My problem is that I want to move "forward" and I don't know if renewing the type rating can help me. Any advice?

Colonel Klink
7th Aug 2006, 21:37
The A320 is a very popular aircraft and they are still being sold by the bucketful. If you let the rating lapse, then renew it ASAP whether you can afford to or not, as you will most certainly kick yourself when a good job comes up but you are no longer qualified......................
If you mean your LPC has expired then you have 5 years before your rating expires, from the date of your last expiry (i.e.6 years from the test) so maybe renew it next year or sooner if you are applying for Airbus jobs.

Mercenary Pilot
7th Aug 2006, 21:42
Renew it. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

:ok:

F4F
8th Aug 2006, 06:54
Renew my friend, renew!
Guessing that to "move forward" for you is to quit the TP world and operate jets, then your chances are vastly increased by having said rating (though a couple of thousand hours more sure would help as well) :ok:

Left Wing
8th Aug 2006, 08:34
renew it asap and let it lapse again looks bad in your log book that you let your rating lapse.

aircowboy
8th Aug 2006, 23:03
Do you think that with 1500 TT (more than 1200 on the ATR 42), an A320 type rating and the need of pilots that Esayjet actually have, I will have and opportunity there?