PDA

View Full Version : Boeing or Airbus

No Mate!
6th Aug 2006, 12:43
Which one do you prefer and why? (pilots only)

Monarch Man
6th Aug 2006, 13:49
To Qualify this comment.....Ive flown the A320/321, and B757/767.

For me there is no contest, Boeing wins by a long way..much much more fun to fly, more flexible, more durable, overall a better experience.

The 320/321 is what I would call a "good for everyone machine" i.e. almost any idiot can operate it to an ok level..however, because the whole concept is different (engineers designed it..essentially for operators rather than aviators to operate) from Boeing who used pilots and engineers to come up with the 757/767, and latterly 777 concepts. I found on the Airbus you tend to find yourself relying on the automation, with a 757/767 you have much more of a choice:ok:

Localiser
8th Aug 2006, 10:03
I second MM's comments. I've also flown both the A320/21 and the B757/67 and definately prefer the Boeing. I wouldn't necessarily disregard the 'bus as it has some very well though out, nice features. The sidestick is great in so much as in a 5 hour flight you actually touch it for 10 mins max?! And it's out of the way making the table a godsend!

However, the Boeing is a real pilots aeroplane. It's nice to disconnect all the automatics and turn it into what is essentially, a big cessna (albeit a bit faster!).

LOC :ok: