PDA

View Full Version : West Air ATR72s

FougaMagister
5th Aug 2006, 09:37
Does anyone know how many FOs West Air Sweden need for their ATRs? Word had it they are interviewing at the moment, and I've had a missed call from the Flight Ops Manager CPT M.H., so I'm obviously very keen to know!

Also, where are the ATR72s based/flying to? There is nothing on the West Air website regarding the ATRs, and even Airliners.net only has a couple of piccies of one of them in PMI.

Any info gratefully appreciated!

Cheers :cool:

BestGlide
5th Aug 2006, 13:14
ATP, not ATR maybe? :)

deice
5th Aug 2006, 15:03
Both in fact. They operate ATPs today and will add ATRs. They've also signed for 2 Bomdardier CRJ200 for freight conversion!

Looking good!!

sega
8th Aug 2006, 21:08
25 F/O's for the ATP for operations in Norway and they are all onboard waiting to start their TR in sept., that was the last I heard from the HR department about 2 weeks ago anyways. They were at the time looking for 5 more Captains.

CRJ's supposedly wetleased for now.

FougaMagister
8th Aug 2006, 21:40
Thanks for your contributions, but I was definitely asking about ATRs, not ATPs. Being ATR rated, why else would they have tried to contact me?

(Then again, maybe they realised that they can't bond me :E )

Info regarding the West Air ATR72s does seem to be rather scarce!

BestGlide
10th Aug 2006, 18:26
Sure you don't have an ATP rating?? :}

FougaMagister
11th Aug 2006, 08:12
Sure you don't have an ATP rating?? :}

...eer, no. Last time I checked, the wings were on top of the fuselage and it mentioned "made in France" ;) , so it's got to be an ATR!

Seriously, CPT M.H. has now confirmed that they want(ed) an ATR-rated FO :{

Jimmy The Big Greek
12th Aug 2006, 22:44
on www.ppjn.com they say that they are going to get BAE-146

FougaMagister
13th Aug 2006, 11:59
on www.ppjn.com they say that they are going to get BAE-146

Well, for a freighter, that would make more sense than a CRJ - of which I think there is no cargo version yet. Maybe somebody got confused between ARJ and CRJ? :}

Wertzy
13th Aug 2006, 21:50
http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/press_release.jsp?langId=en&crjId=200&prId=2006-08-03

CRJ