PDA

View Full Version : Sacked Ryanair pilots

tankermytanker
27th Oct 2001, 21:29
Can anyone tell me what happened to those two pilots (male Capt and female FO)? Did they ever get their jobs back? I've tried doing a search on here, but it comes back that pprune is too busy.
Cheers,
Tank

lagonda
27th Oct 2001, 21:37
Tank

I've not been on this forum for very long, could you enlighten those of us not familiar with this story?

:confused:

[ 27 October 2001: Message edited by: Navig8r ]

Maxfli
28th Oct 2001, 01:51
No. :mad:

Flap40
28th Oct 2001, 12:31
Is that "No, you cannot enlighten us" or "No, they did not get their jobs back"? :confused:

maxalt
28th Oct 2001, 15:27
The Skipper has taken a court action for reinstatement. I believe the hearing is on November 6th. It's likely he'll win (allegedly).
If he isn't reinstated the alternative is a cash award. O'Leary is reputed to have told him when he was firing him that he didn't mind paying the fine as it would be worth it to get rid of him.
Not to mention the terror it instilled in the troops when the head of the union local group could be so easily disposed of.

I don't know what happened to the F/O.

sky9
28th Oct 2001, 21:08
Gives a new meaning to "Crew Resource Management".

I suspect that the Irish CAA are as much on trial on the 6th as MOL.

29th Oct 2001, 12:39
The skipper who got the female FO fired has since failed his sim twice and is no grounded until further notice!

tankermytanker
30th Oct 2001, 21:37
Thanks for the info!

Nav, I'm sure I'll be corrected, but what the hell. Basically the captain that was sacked refused to ride in the jumpseat on the first positioning sector, of his 5? operating sector day. He was rightly (I feel) saving his alertness for the rest of his long day. He also happened to be the Ryanair union rep, so it was quite convenient that he was put in that position and later (not much) sacked.

The female FO's case I'm even less familiar, but I believe she accused a captain of sexual harassment, and lost. Is it true her dad was Ryanair's chief pilot?

Best of luck to the captain on the 6th then.

candle
1st Nov 2001, 00:10
I hear the FO's taking a case too. Don't know about the harrassment thing.

The IAA investigated the incident, don't know if a report has been published.

[ 31 October 2001: Message edited by: candle ]

birdsong
1st Nov 2001, 17:27
If Deverium can get away with that he can get away with everything. Who's up next ??? come on guys. Where are your solidarity. :eek:

onewayvalve
2nd Nov 2001, 00:49
Tanker: Old disco capt LH**ns**e has finally been found out. Since getting the F/O (female) fired he has had another row with another F/O (male) on a turnaround and told him that he'd get him fired too if he disagreed with him. He then allegedly left for Charleroi with a ton of fuel below plog minimum and tried to hide the fact. I wonder what the Irish CAA have had to say about that - or was it not reported to them? I also heard that he failed TWO sim checks but is still working for Ryanair. How can MOL and the Irish CAA stand over this. Is the Irish CAA in Ryanair's pocket too? This kind of guy gives aviation a bad name.

genius747
2nd Nov 2001, 22:22
ITS NOT THE CAA IN IRELAND ITS THE FUC**N IAA (IRISH AVIATION AUTHORITY). SUCH ELEMINTERY KNOWLEDGE...

DouglasDigby
2nd Nov 2001, 22:28
Genius, if you're going to shout, perhaps you could spell "elementary" properly..... knowledge = genius????

lagonda
2nd Nov 2001, 23:23
Thanks guys!

After some of the above, I feel like saying "I only asked"! :p

LAVDUMPER
3rd Nov 2001, 00:04
Maxfli,

Are you always a jacka$$, or do you just fly like one? Why waste our time with your lame responses? Do you think you're funny? Ha Ha. Got news for you: no, you're not. You are just a jacka$$!

Quit wasting our time and either contribute in a positive way or refrain from demonstrating your child-like behavior. Lame!

I wish both Ryanair pilots luck in their lawsuits!

Cheers

onewayvalve
3rd Nov 2001, 00:39
Navig8r:Briefly, the F/O was PF on a flight to Prestwick in IMC and icing conditions when the Capt disconnected the autopilot twice or three times without telling her - seems he wanted her to handfly the approach but never told her. She re-connected the autopilot and landed normally. During the turnaround he tore strips off her (allegedly) shouting loudly enough to be heard by cabin crew and passengers. She was apparently so upset at this that she left the flight unable to continue! She was subsequently sacked (a few days after the head of the union was sacked). Very convenient timing! This "captain" has had a history of this kind of behaviour in other airlines and has since boasted to other young co-pilots that they had better watch themselves or he'd see to it that they would go the same way. He's still employed by Ryanair as base manager in Charleroi. The IAA allegedly investigated this but seemingly has done nothing about it. Yes it is true that she is the Cheif Pilot's daughter.

[ 02 November 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]

MaximumPete
3rd Nov 2001, 20:11
This guy's attitude to his fellow pilots is similar to Herod's on childcare :eek:

tankermytanker
4th Nov 2001, 21:39
Thanks much for the info. Best of Luck to the two pilots in getting a just end to their troubles.

Someone said there was a hearing last week for the Capt who was sacked; any result from that known?

Tank

Maxfli
5th Nov 2001, 02:24
Mr Lavdumper, I am not really sure as to why I appear to have yanked your chain to such an extent warrant your vitriolic post, my reply to Tanker was "No :mad: " and it referred to the fact that neither pilot has been reinstated and unfortunatly are unlikely to be.

The Captain in question is a personal friend of mine and I would like state the following for clarity :

I find this whole affair and the manner in which they were treated as appalling, to suggest that I found it humourous or was attempting to make fun of their plight is groundless and frankly pathetic.

What the reply I posted or your perception of my post has to do with my ability or lack of as professional pilot in Europe, I am at a complete loss.

bearfacedcheek
6th Nov 2001, 00:12
Lav dumper , the hint is in the name!

Justin Abeaver
6th Nov 2001, 00:36
This female f/o.....

Anyone know if it is the (in)famous f/o who sued Airtours a few years ago, and has tried it on on several occasions since?

She got a big draw from Airtours, and has been with Virgin Expess till a few months ago. i believe she tried to sue them also. If it's not, then apologies to the Ryan f/o for mixing her up with "$an*ra ......."

Happy Beavering

Donkey Duke
6th Nov 2001, 01:51
Big Baby Bearfacedcheek,

Nice comment about Lavdumper. We can always count on you to bring insight to this forum.
NOT!!!! SHANKS!!!! Donkey Duke :cool: :cool:

LAVDUMPER
6th Nov 2001, 01:53
Bearfacedcheek,

It's called a play-on-words. Is that too intellectual for you? Drinking a bit much in Ireland are you? Do you really think I work as a lav dumper? Do you? Obviously neither humor nor intelligence is required for your job...

Maxfli - I am sorry if I upset you. Your reply seemed flippant to me and I have not always agreed with your previous posts... There are too many jacka$$es who disregard logic and respect on these posts. Looks like I was wrong in blasting you so hard. Apologies.

Cheers

Maxfli
6th Nov 2001, 02:42
Accepted

sgt.culpepper
7th Nov 2001, 18:30
Tank, case taken by F/O against FR listed in the Irish courts for mention on 5th nov, according to a close friend. No info on whether it came up or not. This time of year is the busiest time for the courts it seems so no guarantee that a judge will be available.

crossfeedclosed
8th Nov 2001, 02:48
Beaver,
No not the same lady. This one was on her first job I believe. The story seems to be that MOL sacked the union leader and then when this F/O left a flight after abuse from the old letcher Houns*me, MOL showed how fair and evenhanded he was by sacking the chief pilot's daughter. The lesson to all the rest was clear, shut up or youre out. They shut up. The court case should be very interesting whenever it comes up. Very unfair on a young pilot though.

sgt.culpepper
9th Nov 2001, 20:13
Latest update.This from the Dublin Evening Herald. Captain (named) sacked by MOL over a row about jump seats, has taken a case for unfair dismissal to the Employment Appeals Tribunal. Case due to be heard this week was postponed and will now be heard on Dec 13/14.
Ryanair Chief MOL will be called to give evidence. That's all folks!