View Full Version : ME Instructor Rating

Jinkster
3rd Aug 2006, 19:30
Just wondered where you would recommend doing it? What is involved? etc etc

I'm currently an FI(A)

Cheers, Jinkster :)

EGBKFLYER
4th Aug 2006, 08:10
Check out www.ontrackaviation.com for the requirements and content of the CRI(ME) course, or you could look at LASORS (but you knew that didn't you Mr Instructor?! ;) )

You need 500TT and 30 PIC on multis before you start, which means most don't get to doing it for a while. I would say it's worth it if you know you can find work instructing on a multi or if you want to move toward commercial instruction.

Personally, I'm working on getting the supervisory 'R' removed from my rating first before I do other things - have you got rid of yours yet?

Jinkster
4th Aug 2006, 09:47
Nope but have been potentially offered something already EGBK:E

LFS
4th Aug 2006, 10:15
Jinkster, you will need the restriction lifting before you can add M/E Instructor priviledges. The other requirements are as EGBK stated.

Jinkster
4th Aug 2006, 10:21
Thanks chap ;)

LEVC
4th Aug 2006, 14:25
I assume you also want to be able to instruct IFR, by doing a combined course for MEI+IRI, and for that you'll also need 200 hours IFR (or 50 actual IMC, because they count x 4),
For this requirement you are credited ground IFR time on FNPT or higher sim, up to 50 hours.

It may be of interest for you to know that simulated IFR time flown VFR(you do a few hours of that if you do an integrated course before starting with the IFR part) can be counted towards the IFR time requirement, or at least they do in certain countries (not sure UK CAA will accept that time to be counted).

Good luck.

FlyingForFun
4th Aug 2006, 17:32
Did mine earlier this year at Leeds Flying School, and started my first multi instructing job a couple of months ago.

Thoroughly enjoying it - and the increase in salary might, one day, pay for the 30 hours multi P1 I had to pay for! I don't have much to add to the replies already, but if there's anything specific you want to know, then just ask.

FFF
--------------

Whopity
4th Aug 2006, 20:45
LEVC

the 50 hours credit is towards the 200hrs IFR required in accordance with JAR-FCL 1.335.

50 hours actual IF using the x 4 route, is 50 hours actual flight time and not instrument ground time.