PDA

View Full Version : Courses

semifinalist
3rd Aug 2006, 15:09
hi folks,

i was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions:

1. how long have there been courses run every Jan/Mar/Jul/Sept in Bournemouth?

and

2. How long do you think this regularity of courses will continue? is it on the cards for next year?

the reason i ask is that i had my medical last week and there was an issue with it and i've been asked to wait one year and they'll examine the issue again.

i am devastated to say the least but if i had some sort of inkling that Nats will still be recruiting this time next year then it would make the waiting immeasurably more tolerable.

i realise that many think that even management themselves don't really know if they've enough controllers or not but if you had to guess, do you think there will be a course this time next year?

many thanks

Gonzo
3rd Aug 2006, 17:12
There have been four courses (excepting a period just after 9/11) for over ten years, and probably well before that.

I don't see it changing any time soon (if ever!)

semifinalist
3rd Aug 2006, 17:36
thanks gonzo

Dances with Boffins
4th Aug 2006, 12:16
NATS will be recruiting for the foreseeable future. Buggers keep retiring or swanning off to Canada/The Gulf etc.:ugh:

Number2
4th Aug 2006, 17:37
And who can blame them!!!!! :)

raviolis
4th Aug 2006, 17:48
NATS will be recruiting for the foreseeable future. Buggers keep retiring or swanning off to Canada/The Gulf etc.:ugh:

I know I posted this elsewhere already, but it almost went unnoticed LOL

So... does anybody know if there are any potential Scottish jobs for new Trainees in the months to come ?

thank you

foghorn
4th Aug 2006, 18:08
I know I posted this elsewhere already, but it almost went unnoticed LOL

So... does anybody know if there are any potential Scottish jobs for new Trainees in the months to come ?

thank you

The first thing that you learn at college is that trying to second guess or apply logic to the great NATS posting process is a fruitless exercise:ok:

Gonzo
4th Aug 2006, 18:08
I'm afraid that it's not that simple.

The students hear about where the postings are towards the end of the course.