PDA

View Full Version : what is the most complex airliner in service?

cornwallis
2nd Aug 2006, 21:44
My vote would be the A300-600.It was originally a 3 man analogue aircraft in its original form but the -600 was converted into a two man partially digital hybrid.It therefore inherits all the difficulties of being neither one thing or the other.
Are there any other votes for more difficult airliners?

cornwallis
2nd Aug 2006, 22:58
Perhaps we could hear both fly and fix!

Dream Land
3rd Aug 2006, 04:00
Well I've only flown one type and they say you can train a monkey to fly it. :ouch:

cornwallis
3rd Aug 2006, 09:25
The A300-600 trialled a lot of the technology that went into the 320.The ecam system I believe cannot be reprogrammed and we are stuck with it in its original form warts and all.The overhead panel looks like the european manufacturers were having a clear out on old switches.It also likes to lose hydraulic fluid at every available opportunity

F4F
6th Aug 2006, 08:27
relative to its size, no doubt, the palm goes to the BAe 146 / ARJ line :rolleyes:

Hated those NIPS warnings, air change-overs and SIDs step watching climbs. On the other hand, probably the easiest craft to grease on the Planet :D

gas path
6th Aug 2006, 11:12
...........anything British made is (was) extremely difficult to work on or fix.............
Probably add to that Concorde! It looked an absolute nightmare:uhoh:
Anything Boeing a delight to play with, and my personal favourite the L1011:ok:

aw8565
8th Aug 2006, 06:19
I think anything wearing the Excel Airways livery must be hard to maintain as the damn things are nearly always tech...