View Full Version : Atlantic Airlines - the curse of the ATP

Yak97
2nd Aug 2006, 06:28
I see, according to the CAA OF2, that Atlantic Airlines are suffering the curse of the ATP and are having to bring in 5 Turkish F27's for a year to cover late deliveries of the cargo ATP.

The ATP's continue to wreck airlines, wherever they go - Emerald, Magic Blue being only the recent ones.

Daysleeper
2nd Aug 2006, 06:55
West Air Sweeden seem to do OK with theirs?

Besides are you sure the late ATP is the real reason for bringing in non EU aircraft :suspect:

CargoOne
2nd Aug 2006, 10:06
Magic Blue (now Magic Bird) is now flying one ATP freighter and getting another one soon.

Yak97
6th Aug 2006, 09:15
So you are effectively saying that Atlantic were not telling the truth on their CAA application (OF2 No. 1758)?? Tut tut.

Heffer
6th Aug 2006, 12:14
I would presume they have picked up some of the Emerald contracts and need aircraft to cover the routes. Their website states they have a requirement for five ATP aircraft in 2006. They already have three on strength?

There are no operators in the UK to object: Emerald, Channel, Titan, etc. no longer operator types of similar capacity. However if it means keeping the routes operating until suitable G-reg aircraft and crews become available, cant see a problem? Keeps all the ground staff employed until a solution is in place.

Mr Angry from Purley
7th Aug 2006, 20:02
Saw a MNG Cargo F27 into NEMA last night, now I know why.
Does the ATP have jumpseats for crew positioning, is it allowed (DHL Air crew that is) :\

freightdoggy dog
7th Aug 2006, 20:19
These are probably the old Channex F27s!

Perhaps Wiggy and the boys from fraggle rock could contract for them again, if their Turkish validations are still current? It's about time Wiggy got some new hair extensions:eek:

bearcuban12
8th Aug 2006, 00:20
If you lived in Purley, you'd be angry as well.

exloadie
8th Aug 2006, 08:49
One of the Turkish f27's operates bfs-lpl-bfs for the royal mail

Mr Angry from Purley
8th Aug 2006, 17:29
NPT

Yeah, Up the Palace :\

freightdoggy dog
9th Aug 2006, 15:04
Oh my gawd, not as in Crystal Palace?

Shuperstar Loadie you have a friend to cry on when you lose against the mighty seasiders ( still flat caps off, you're top of the league at the moment!)

Mr Angry from Purley
9th Aug 2006, 16:21
In your dreams FF Dog :\
Its a bit like comparing a Channex A300 with a UPS A380 :\

Fried_Chicken
9th Aug 2006, 22:07
How many ATP's do Atlantic hope to operate? I know they currently have two & a third under conversion.

Did any of Emeralds ever get converted to freighters (I know they had the two pax models & were intending to have a trio of freighters too). Surely, if these did get converted, it would be ideal to purchase these out of store at Blackpool from who ever owns them now?

FC

Yak97
9th Aug 2006, 22:41
Emerald had 1 freighter in service, which was converted from a passenger aircraft, without large freight door.

There were 2 aircraft (the ex Biman aircraft) which had been fitted with large doors. One was flown to BLK for the completion of the cargo conversion but was then robbed to pieces to support the other aircraft. The other aircraft IFAIK is still in Bucharest.

The Biman aircraft needed lots of work on them anyway (TCAS, EGPWS, major check etc) so would need LOADS of money spending on them.

FougaMagister
9th Aug 2006, 22:47
They should have bought ATRs :ok: like Atlantic Air Transport - cheaper to operate and look after. Plus it comes in two sizes with a cargo door as standard.

Cheers :cool:

freightdoggy dog
9th Aug 2006, 23:15
Angry,

don't let the browntails get anywhere near an Airbus, they tend to bend them big time:=

Perhaps the mighty Palace could do with some real East European investment?

Croatian or Russian maybe?

speedbirdzerozeroone
16th Aug 2006, 21:16
Quote: FougaMagister, "They should have bought ATRs like Atlantic Air Transport - cheaper to operate and look after. Plus it comes in two sizes with a cargo door as standard."

i) You can own A380s for all the good its worth having no business and if they dont fly, you dont get paid and a french mortgage (in this case) is bigger than a british one.

ii) A *demand* worth 5 F27s. Amen. Thats money in the bank for Airlines.

Ps. Welcome back Tango Oscar.

FougaMagister
17th Aug 2006, 21:20
My comment re. ATRs vs. ATPs was tongue in cheek - if you check my profile you'll see why.

However, I stand by my comment; ATRs might mean a higher capital investment (and we all know that most airlines are under-capitalised), but they get their money back over time with lower running costs (and less downtime) compared to the ATP. In other words, you get what you pay for.

Cheers :cool:

P.S.: share price index? I didn't know that Atlantic Airlines was publicly listed...