PDA

View Full Version : VIR29 to Barbados

bmb7jiw
29th Jul 2006, 18:48
Hi,
Im an LACC ATCO going on holiday to Barbados on August 12th from Gatwick on the above mentioned flight.
I was hoping for a cockpit visit during the flight, but I havent the faintest idea who to contact to arrange it. Does anyone have a number for Virgin Ops or another suitable person who could arrange it?
Failing that an upgrade would be nice :O .
Thanks for your help

bmb7jiw

Bealzebub
29th Jul 2006, 21:02
As you are probably aware the DfT no longer permits "cockpit visits" from anyone.There are special procedures for ATC fam' flights with some carriers which should be available to you upon an application from your department manager. However a quick diversion on your summer holiday wouldn't normally satisfy the requirements.

bmb7jiw
29th Jul 2006, 21:19
I know the rules, I was just wondering if it would be possible to get the authorisation for the flight deck visit on this occasion.

Manual Reversion
29th Jul 2006, 22:52
Im afraid it's a complete pain in the **rse. I'll be bringing the aircraft back from BGI. It would be great to have flight deck visits but unfortunately, the UK authorities driven by the Yanks, ( who ignore the regs) enforce the sterile flight deck. The result is that even VS pilots are not able to have access to the VS flight deck even when positioning . One could draw your own conclusion as to whether it is safer to have another 'pair of hands' on the flight deck. But hey....what do they know!

bmb7jiw
30th Jul 2006, 08:26
Oh well, it was worth a try! I didnt think it would come to anything really.
Dont suppose there is any chance of an upgrade to a friendly ATCO and his girlfriend is there Manual Reversion LOL?:O

James Williams

chevvron
30th Jul 2006, 14:06
Should have gone to BWIA.

Shanwick Shanwick
31st Jul 2006, 12:14
It's highly likely that the cabins in the front will be completely full and any available upgrades will go to Vs staff. The crew onboard aren't alowed to upgrade either.

In other words, you've got no chance!

Doors to Automatic
2nd Aug 2006, 11:12
You could always use the tried and tested method and turn up at check-in in a suit. This will guarantee that........................................................ .......you are the best dressed passenger in economy! :p