PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - 2

Flyingphil
27th Jul 2006, 10:19
In some german forums there are people considering who will take over EZY 737s?

Deutsche BA (DBA), Hapag-Express (HLX), Southwest...List to be enlarged...;)

One pretty strong believe of me is that Skyeurope will take some.
SkyEurope took over some 733s from EZY last year, but they have been listed with several acft-broker-pages like airtrading.com recently.

I would not wonder if Skyeurope-Group takes about 10-15 EZY-737NG and phases out 733 and 735s that are very well demanded planes in eastern Europe, especially Russia.

In the eyes of mx for sure a one-type-fleet will be better than the present one.
This means for cost-purpose the EZY-Experiement of two similar fleets is failed!

@CANTILEVER
There are so many guys out looking for new jobs.
Ask the guys of SWISS or HELVETIC etc :-)

Kestrel_909
27th Jul 2006, 10:29
Yes but easyJet only started bying their B737NGs only in 2000 or 2001. I'm not sure if I'm right?

If logic applies and EZJA was the first one, then it was built in 2000. G-INFO database shows it and some of their other -700s of flying around 4500 hours a year. Say it leaves in 2008, it could have around 35,000 flying hours.

Compare that randomly with G-BVZE, built in 1993 and clocked up 24,000hours in 10 years.

They might not be that old in years, but will have a high number of cycles and hours by the time they do leave. One type fleet will probably help keep costs lower too.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Oshkosh George
27th Jul 2006, 13:01
EI896

Well,for a start easyJet do not own ANY aircraft. Secondly,a one type fleet always makes more economic sense,and it makes sense to dispose of the older type. Plus lease rates could be higher,although I have no information.

orangetree
27th Jul 2006, 14:25
well the man with the breakdown van was quoted last week as saying that the tractors are leased to 2011 and thats when they go because even if they wanted rid of them they can't get airbuses to replace them :hmm:
By the time the last supertractor goes they will be searching for a new fleet anyway. A bit unlucky if you happen to be the last guys off the ST onto what will then be a clapped out bus for another 5 years. I reckon some guys will still be on the NG when LGW gets its bus replacement :\
Vive le bus. Why can't they chuck the tractors into new European Bases and give our comrades up north a play with the sidestick!

easyprison
27th Jul 2006, 20:03
Lets just hope a shiny Airbus isn't defaced with 'Ray Webster' plastered along the side of it!

:cool:

Getoutofmygalley
27th Jul 2006, 20:34
easyprison

Somehow I can't see that happening. I don't think he is held with much regard now in Luton, especially after the demise of MS :E

Silvertop
28th Jul 2006, 11:11
So why is he still retained as a "consultant" apparently :confused:

Getoutofmygalley
28th Jul 2006, 14:48
He is only retained as a consultant for I believe 1 year. And that consultancy job was agreed prior to AH taking over.

Now, do you honestly think AH will listen to anything that RW says? When was RW last in easyLand?

Silvertop, assuming that you are easyJet crew, do a search on Orange Pages for RW and it gives a rather interesting title for his job - "PRESIDENT OF LIMITED AND PLC LUTON AIRPORT" - whatever the **** that means!! :bored:

shamrock7seal
31st Jul 2006, 11:28
BOH is rumoured to be getting a Milan Malpensa route from January 2007 - does anyone have any info on frequency. Is Milan an A319 base? When is an announcement likely? Ryanair are said to be considering bringing forward BOH-BGY if this rumour comes to pass.

airhumberside
31st Jul 2006, 12:04
MXP is a 319 base

Kraut
4th Aug 2006, 17:57
From the London Stock exchange:

EASYJET EVALUATES FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY

easyJet announces today that it is evaluating an opportunity to franchise its brand following a recent joint approach by Jeddah based National Air Services (NAS) and Dubai based Abraaj Capital, a major private equity firm in the Middle East, to use the easyJet name in the Arabian Gulf. NAS is applying for a licence to operate domestic flights initially in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and at a later date other flights within the Arabian Gulf - a region with minimal low-cost airline penetration.

The decision on whether to progress with this opportunity, which will not involve easyJet investing any equity or cash, will be made in conjunction with NAS and will depend on the progress of its application for a licence, the completion of an agreement in a form satisfactory to the Board of easyJet, and the delivery of significant shareholder value. Since it is expected that this will take the remainder of 2006, a decision in relation to this opportunity is unlikely before early 2007.

Hmm? What is behind this announcment?:confused:

cartmanfly
4th Aug 2006, 19:46
we could give them our 73's. They belong in the desert anyway :hmm:

Dan Air 87
4th Aug 2006, 20:46
I hope the Saudi's are ready for the easyjet experience. Me thinks there will be a few unhappy customers but its a good way for Easyjet to make some quick money out of a franchise deal. Good on them and I for one hope it works out.

Kraut
5th Aug 2006, 13:35
a good way for Easyjet to make some quick .

The question is "WHO" is making the money? Probably STELIOS, because EZY itself is not participating at the deal?

Felix Saddler
5th Aug 2006, 13:39
I wonder if easyjet will ever go longhaul, it would be interesting to see what a/c they would use.

jumpseater
5th Aug 2006, 14:01
It is possibly Stelios himself or the easy group if this is true. The easyJet name is owned by Stelios and 'rented' to the airline, which gives an indication of just how commercially 'cute' Stelios is!:ooh:

easyboy
5th Aug 2006, 14:03
I wonder if easyjet will ever go longhaul, it would be interesting to see what a/c they would use.

I doubt it very much, but you never know whats round the corner do you.

Getoutofmygalley
5th Aug 2006, 14:28
Why comment saying Stelios is going to be making money out of this?

easyJet is a PLC i.e. listed on the London Stock Exchange. Stelios whilst being the major share holder is not an active member of the board of easyJet. This basically means that he can not decide what the company does or does not do. If easyJet wants it's brand to be associated with airlines in the Gulf then that is what the active board of directors want and not what Stelios is suggesting the company do.

giorgino
5th Aug 2006, 14:59
Hi there!!

Has anybody heard that Easy is going to open a base in Athens?
There has been this rumour in Greece for the last year...
Easy jet insiders are more than welcome to give us a hint!!

Happy landings

FlapsOne
5th Aug 2006, 16:18
Sadly EZ insiders are the last to know such things.

You would be better off asking the local contractors if they have been asked about supplies of orange paint!

MarkD
5th Aug 2006, 16:56
getout

not if Stelios is merely licencing the brand to easyjet plc... :hmm:

jumpseater
5th Aug 2006, 22:20
With respect GOOMG, 'If easyJet wants it's brand to be associated with airlines in the Gulf', then it will have to ask Stelios. If Stelios wants it's brand to be associated with airlines in the Gulf', then it's up to him.
If you have a look through your year end reports you'll see that your airline does'nt own its own name! := Stelios is no fool!

Charlie Roy
7th Aug 2006, 10:12
Easyjet have confirmed that they will be cancelling at least 29 flights from Newcastle this month! If they've come out and said that, then it must be really bad, and I expect in reality the number of cancellations will be higher. Poor passengers :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/5248050.stm

ezpz
7th Aug 2006, 14:04
Hi there!!

Has anybody heard that Easy is going to open a base in Athens?
There has been this rumour in Greece for the last year...
Easy jet insiders are more than welcome to give us a hint!!

Happy landings

No news circulating about ATH at the minute. Madrid looks almost certain to be the next base. Expecting an announcement soon.

cesare.caldi
9th Aug 2006, 09:45
Easyjet : 2 new route from MXP base:

MXP-AMS start end of october
MXP-PRG start in december

Source Easyjet newsletter.

markmartin
9th Aug 2006, 20:24
Easyjet is also increasing flights from MAD to Berlin from November (twice daily -now there´s just one flight a day).

LGS6753
10th Aug 2006, 10:48
EasyJet have just announced cancellation of all LGW flights today (re BBC).
Should help with crew hours limits?:}

Theplanemanuk
10th Aug 2006, 16:42
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Good one, even though it probaly will LOL

ICING AOA
10th Aug 2006, 18:33
Madrid looks almost certain to be the next base. Expecting an announcement soon.

at least it cannot be before March 07 ;)

Charlie Roy
10th Aug 2006, 19:11
Easyjet website reporting that on tomorrow Friday they will be cancelling approximately 80 (London) flights.

cesare.caldi
10th Aug 2006, 20:23
at least it cannot be before March 07 ;)

Why? New MAD base can not start first during the winter season?

ICING AOA
10th Aug 2006, 21:16
We never know ! but I heard that the spanish authorities won't offer new slots before next year !
:rolleyes:

Charlie Roy
10th Aug 2006, 21:41
I heard Easyjet have already secured 135% more slots in Spain for the coming winter in comparison with this summer. I expect the Madrid base will be launched before March.

markmartin
11th Aug 2006, 07:16
Charlie Roy

You are right. MAD will increase it´s operating capacity from 78 to 90 operations/hour from november 2006. Easy has applied for slots in certain domestic routes: MAD-ACE, MAD-BIO and MAD-Asturias. However, they have stated that they will only make use of these slots if they are able to operate their own base in MAD.

ICING AOA
11th Aug 2006, 08:42
So Iberia and ANS might be completely ****** up then !!
It will be hard to set up Clickair as well !! :eek:

Are there already many easy pilots interested in MAD base ? :O

Charlie Roy
11th Aug 2006, 08:58
Easy has applied for slots in certain domestic routes: MAD-ACE, MAD-BIO and MAD-Asturias.

Also Madrid to Lanzarote and Tenerife North.

markmartin
11th Aug 2006, 09:13
Also Madrid to Lanzarote and Tenerife North.

ACE=Arrecife=Lanzarote ;)

fly_high
11th Aug 2006, 22:56
Which 737 was easyJet's first ever orange-painted plane?

cesare.caldi
12th Aug 2006, 07:29
Easyjet major expansion at Milan MXP

Easyjet launch a major expansion at Milan MXP base:

Will be add 2 new 319 to the base. Now Easyjet have 5 319 based at MXP.

This is new winter timetable:

MXP-LGW 4x daily (double existing 2x daily)
MXP-CDG 2x daily (double existing 1x daily)
MXP-SXF 2x daily (double existing 1x daily)
MXP-MAD 2x daily (double existing 1x daily)
MXP-AMS new route from 29 october 1x daily and from 15 december 2x daily
MXP-PMO 2x daily
MXP-NAP 2x daily
MXP-PRG new route 1x daily from 15 december
MXP-ATH 1x daily
MXP-LIS 1x daily
MXP-AGP 1x daily
MXP-DTM 6x week

RAT 5
12th Aug 2006, 08:41
Regarding MAD, and linking to the thread about RYR new bases, who is the chicken & who is the egg beyween these 2 companies? I thought the OK Corral was a place they did not want to be.

ICING AOA
12th Aug 2006, 16:34
I heard that ryanair is going to open a base at madrid as well .

Charlie Roy
21st Aug 2006, 12:52
"All easyJet passengers will be encouraged to limit themselves to a single piece of checked-in baggage. Any additional bags will be charged at £5 (if paid on-line, and £10 if paid at the airport at the time of departure). The total weight limit will remain at 20kg, regardless of the number of bags checked-in."

So with Easyjet you'll have to pay if you have more than one suitcase to check in. Seems more complicated than it's worth!

Pity to see Easyjet go down this Flybe/Ryanair/AerLingus road of baggage charges, albeit half-heartedly :(

63Strat
23rd Aug 2006, 11:41
I've been watching the departures and arrivals of Rome - Newcastle EasyJet flight for a couple of months, as I'm travelling there soon on this flight.

I've noticed that the flight is cancelled at least once a week.

There is no information / explanation regarding this.

Any ideas?

mmeteesside
23rd Aug 2006, 11:58
It's probably due to their crewing issues at the moment, they either don't have enough cabin crew or pilots, so they are going through cancelling the lighter loaded flights in the schedule, maybe 1 or 2 a day, maybe only 1 or 2 a week, depending on how each base is doing :rolleyes:

63Strat
23rd Aug 2006, 12:17
Thanks for that. I know it's a stupid question but what do they do about the passengers, as far as I can see there is only the one carrier and one flight going out of NCL per day, so there's not much chance of an alternative flight on the same day?

Put them all up until the next day/flight?

Cheers

CentreFix25
23rd Aug 2006, 12:33
If their going to cancel your flight you'll be told before the day of departure, via email i think.

63Strat
23rd Aug 2006, 12:37
Thanks for your reply.:ok:

MerchantVenturer
23rd Aug 2006, 12:54
easyJet have cancelled hundreds of flights this summer due to crew shortages. There has been much discussion about it on PPRuNe.

I was informed my flights BRS-EDI-BRS in June were cancelled (for 'operational reasons') via email about two weeks beforehand. I was given the option to cancel and be reimbursed my fare or seek an alternative date.

When I tried the latter I found that numerous other BRS-EDI-BRS flights had been cancelled in June, along with other routes as well, so I elected to have my money returned.

Since then easyJet has cancelled many more flights from BRS (and indeed form elsewhere), on various routes, and I have noticed that the Thursday BRS-Rome (CIA) rotation has been a regular victim.

Buster the Bear
23rd Aug 2006, 17:58
Rumour has it, over 400 flights have or will be cancelled this month due to....operational reasons......allegedly, a lack of both cabin and flight deck crew. Must be costing easyJet a small fortune!

simonwa
24th Aug 2006, 10:04
Advertising

Charlie Roy
24th Aug 2006, 10:33
Pity we have to wait another while before they reveal what new Madrid routes will be launched in February :(
Why announce it now? They could just have well announced it in September together with the routes :confused:

Rumoured routes include:
Lanzarote
Tenerife North
Bilbao
Asturias

These above routes are already served by competitors from Madrid. Any rumours on what the "brand new" Madrid destinations (that they talk of it the press release) shall be?

phil_2405
24th Aug 2006, 11:51
[QUOTE=Charlie Roy]Pity we have to wait another while before they reveal what new Madrid routes will be launched in February :(
Why announce it now? They could just have well announced it in September together with the routes :confused:QUOTE]

Perhaps they were rushed into announcing it before they planned to beat a similar Ryanair announcement?

phil_2405
24th Aug 2006, 11:52
Pity we have to wait another while before they reveal what new Madrid routes will be launched in February :(
Why announce it now? They could just have well announced it in September together with the routes :confused
Perhaps they were rushed into announcing it before they planned to beat a similar Ryanair announcement?

Sanjo
24th Aug 2006, 13:04
or perhaps they already know what they will be flying but just waiting slot confirmation...
possible if you realise how busy Barajas can be.

Wee Weasley Welshman
24th Aug 2006, 13:59
As of the 16th Feb 2007 Madrid will be an easyJet base. Long rumoured, recently a dead cert and today confirmed. No aircraft number or route information yet published but typically it is between 3 and 5 aircaft and the usual suspects.

Cheers

CaptainProp
24th Aug 2006, 14:13
Will be very interesting to see the "new" contracts for MAD:*

This will be a big one for BALPA to make sure we are not getting the sort of contracts you can find in some local (ie Vueling) outfits!!!:yuk:
/CP

ORAC
24th Aug 2006, 14:27
Well I hope they start flying MAD-STN instead of LGW or LTN. It´ll take 2-3 hours off my journey time home.. :O

Buster the Bear
24th Aug 2006, 14:42
What are all the staff going to do with the bonus announced today. Equivalent of 2 weeks wages paid in shares that you can sell in 3 years time. Given for all the staff hard work this summer.

I wonder what all the thousands of passengers that have had their travel plans disrupted by the massive volume of cancellations will get........?

easyboy
24th Aug 2006, 14:55
What are all the staff going to do with the bonus announced today. Equivalent of 2 weeks wages paid in shares that you can sell in 3 years time. Given for all the staff hard work this summer.
I wonder what all the thousands of passengers that have had their travel plans disrupted by the massive volume of cancellations will get........?

Free of charge transfer onto the next available flight or a refund on the cost of the flight.

susoal
24th Aug 2006, 16:47
As of the 16th Feb 2007 Madrid will be an easyJet base. Long rumoured, recently a dead cert and today confirmed. No aircraft number or route information yet published but typically it is between 3 and 5 aircaft and the usual suspects.
Cheers

Great news indeed.
Heard the expansion also takes on new domestic routes, ie. Madrid to Granada,
and MAD to the Canary Islands....Rumour not confirmed though

Charlie Roy
24th Aug 2006, 19:26
Well I hope they start flying MAD-STN instead of LGW or LTN. It´ll take 2-3 hours off my journey time home.. :O

Ryanair have definitely being trying to secure slots between MAD and STN for when they launch their Madrid base. Best case scenario for you would be to have Easyjet and Ryanair both on the route, fighting it out at cut throat prices and offering you numerous possible flights per day :}

PS: susoal, it's not Easyjet planning Madrid to Granada, but Ryanair (and also Vueling).

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2006, 19:35
Are you sure Ryanair is going to open a base at MAD as well ?? This is a very big and expensive airport, and it is not in FR's philosophy :confused:

A good base at Madrid for Ryanair would be Salamanca or Zaragoza :}

ORAC
24th Aug 2006, 19:59
This is a very big and expensive airport Well they've just opened terminal 4 and it is vast. Shout hello and your echo comes back 5 minutes later... (about 25 minutes fast walking from check-in to farthest gate). They sort of expected to win the Olympics...

So imagine all trade is welcome and the price is negotiable.....

Charlie Roy
24th Aug 2006, 20:12
Are you sure Ryanair is going to open a base at MAD as well ?? This is a very big and expensive airport, and it is not in FR's philosophy :confused:

A good base at Madrid for Ryanair would be Salamanca or Zaragoza :}

100% sure :}
Ryanair also gave us the biggest hint ever the other week announcing Dublin to Madrid. Ryanair and Easyjet will be using the old terminal, and are more than happy to do so ;) Big airport, yes. Expensive, I dunno, imagine they'll be getting a special rate in the old terminal. Philosophy, indeed it's a huge surprise, but if there's money to be made ...? :p

And yes, I too would love to see growth at Salamanca airport but I don't think Ryanair will ever fly there while they're still at Valladolid. I read somewhere too that Zaragoza airport built a brand new terminal in 28 days!!! Meanwhile, I am however surprised that Zaragoza is a such a quiet airport given it's catchment area... :confused: It can hardly be considered as too close to Barcelona?

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2006, 20:51
So it 's crazy, Barajas is going to become a kind of STN !! with mainly easyjet, Ryanair aircraft !

I guess jet2 and Air berlin might be interested in MAD as well ?

susoal
24th Aug 2006, 20:55
Ryanair have definitely being trying to secure slots between MAD and STN for when they launch their Madrid base. Best case scenario for you would be to have Easyjet and Ryanair both on the route, fighting it out at cut throat prices and offering you numerous possible flights per day :}

PS: susoal, it's not Easyjet planning Madrid to Granada, but Ryanair (and also Vueling).

Charlie Roy, maybe you know the facts about Ryanair going to fly from MAD to Granada, but I can assure that "the initial idea" from Easy is to fly there as well as the Canary Islands along with other destinations that unfortunately I do not now about. I do not know if at this point in time those plans have been or will be thought over.
Also, Ryanair was approached by AENA ( not the other way around). They were offering them a good deal on slots from Barajas. My understanding is (coming from a source working at AENA) that Ryanair wants more slots that those being offered by AENA.
The main problem at the moment comes from an unexpected source, SEPLA, the spanish version of BALPA....

I stand correct to what I said before Charlie Roy, and if you have any conflicting info, my apologies...All this is coming from a couple of friends that are involved in this process. I do not know if they are 100% right...:rolleyes:

Charlie Roy
24th Aug 2006, 21:14
Well currently only Iberia operate the Madrid to Granada route (I think).

Imagine so now if we're gonna have Iberia, Easyjet, Ryanair and Vueling all on the route!!! What a price war that would be :ouch:

alexss
24th Aug 2006, 21:47

Even if they negotiate a great deal with AENA, operationally the airport would be a big change for FR. You can often wait 15 minutes in a queue to take off, and the taxi distances are huge - doesn't fit with FR's 20 minute turnarounds.

Also, given how much supressed demand for slots there has been at MAD, the terminals won't be empty for long - so AENA would be nuts to offer MOL much of a discount.

ICING AOA
24th Aug 2006, 22:07
I think you are right Alexss ! That is very true !

Imagine so now if we're gonna have Iberia, Easyjet, Ryanair and Vueling all on the route!!! What a price war that would be :ouch:

Well, Iberia will have to give up with this route at that 's it ! :}

Binder
24th Aug 2006, 23:55
[QUOTE=Buster the Bear.
I wonder what all the thousands of passengers that have had their travel plans disrupted by the massive volume of cancellations will get........?[/QUOTE]

There will be some special offers available to affected pax later in the year. Apparently they will be contacted by email. Whether these offers will restore customer loyalty remains to be seen.

Binder

ORAC
25th Aug 2006, 08:20
24 Aug - LONDON (AFX) - easyJet PLC, Europe's second largest no-frills airline, said it has launched a new base at Madrid's Barajas airport.

Madrid will be the carrier's 17th base and its first in Spain. It will start operations on Feb 16 2007 with several new routes to be announced in September.

easyJet currently serves nine international routes from Madrid, including London, Bristol and Liverpool, and offers a total of 72 routes to 11 Spanish airports.

Spain is the airline's second largest market after the UK.

[email protected]

Charlie Roy
26th Aug 2006, 13:50
I found some more details on Easyjet's plans for Barajas in a Spanish article of which I have translated/summarized the important bits below. For full translation then Babelfish is a good internet translation tool.

http://www.expansion.com/edicion/expansion/empresas/transportes/es/desarrollo/682453.html

Summary:

Easyjet will base 3 aircraft at Madrid Barajas
They'll launch 11 routes, 8 international and 3 domestic
In the next 3 to 5 years they foresee basing between 7 and 10 airplanes and offering more than 30 national and international destinations (including North Africa)
They have requested slots to fly from Madrid to Tenerife, Lanzarote, Bilbao and Asturias as well as to several European cities
Madrid was chosen as a base over Barcelona, Alicante, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca and was even in competition with other European cities like Lyon!The article also mentions Ryanair's plans: "Ryanair are considering opening routes to London, Rome, Brussels and various domestic routes."

Are Tenerife and Lanzarote considered to be domestic routes from Madrid? I would have thought so, but this contradicts the reference to 3 domestic routes :confused:
If Tenerife and Lanzarote are not to be considered domestic routes, then so far the domestic routes will be Asturias, Bilbao, and ...??? Okay, maybe the third one will be Granada then. I stand corrected from my previous assertion that Easyjet didn't have plans to fly to Granada :(

All will be revealed in September in any case ;)

Charlie Roy
26th Aug 2006, 14:24
Easyjet going into competition in the Spanish domestic market is a really significant move.

Take Madrid - Bilbao for example:
Iberia already operate 10 return flights per day, Spanair 6 per day, and Vueling have just announced 1 daily return flight. So currently there are 17 return flights between Madrid and Bilbao most days of the week. What sort of schedule are Easyjet going to operate on the route? Are they hoping to steal business and leisure passengers alike and/or generate brand new passengers... ?

In any case, they'll have their work cut out :\ The Spanish operators on the route won't be overly happy to see this orange competiton either :ouch:

cesare.caldi
27th Aug 2006, 09:58
IThey'll launch 11 routes, 8 international and 3 domestic

Any idea/rumors about the new 8 international routes?

markmartin
27th Aug 2006, 14:09
In any case, they'll have their work cut out :\ The Spanish operators on the route won't be overly happy to see this orange competiton either :ouch:

Certainly not, Iberia's shares fell 1.55% the day after EZY announced their new MAD base.

Regarding the new routes we must take into account that data offered by the paper just reflects the project presented by Easyjet to the local authorities (3 domestic routes -and both ACE and TFN are in Spain- and 8 international routes), so we will probably see some changes. I wouldn't put my money on Bilbao, although I think all the three other domestic routes are likely to go ahead.
I haven´t heard anything about EZY launching the MAD-Granada route but both Vueling and Ryanair are said to be studying this route. I think Vueling has already confirm that they will operate flights to GRX from MAD this next Winter Season.
Ideas on the international routes? I would say Dortmund, Rome-Ciampino, Glasgow/Edimburgh or even a second flight to Liverpool have all great chances to happen. The answer: September 12.

fac_2
27th Aug 2006, 17:38
Hi Guys anybody heard anything about flights / possible base in Easy Malta?

Charlie Roy
27th Aug 2006, 18:33
Hi Guys anybody heard anything about flights / possible base in Easy Malta?

There has also been some discussion of this in the Luton thread.
The likelyhood of an Easyjet base in Malta in the near future is highly unlikely. The goverment remains opposed and naturally Air Malta is vehemently against the idea!

The government do however want to see (low cost) airlines operating on certain routes all year round, and in response to a call for proposals Easyjet signalled this week that they'd like to start flights from Luton and Basel to Malta. Interestingly Ryanair also wishes to fly Luton to Malta (as well as from Pisa and Dublin).

Allowing Easyjet or Ryanair to set up a base on the island is an issue which has divided the Maltese. On one side the argument is that the dwindling tourist industry would benefit enormously, but on the other side majour employer Air Malta would struggle to survive, and they are even arguing that too many tourists would compromise the island's infrastructure and resources :rolleyes:

Easyjet and Ryanair are both willing to set up base in Malta. Ryanair were even willing to pay for a series of upgrades to the airport! Seeing as the only obstacle is a political one, then this could all change. Governments can change their mind if put under pressure, indeed governments just change anyway, and I wonder would this be an issue in next general election...

While the government is dictating which routes can and can't be operated by low cost airlines we will see no Easyjet/Ryanair base. But we will see routes ;)

Basel, Pisa, Luton, Dublin seem likely.
Then government are also considering calling for proposals on the following routes:

Lisbon (Difficult for Easyjet to take them up on this, as they would need to fly a W from one of their other bases)
Warsaw (Potential for Centralwings or Wizzair here)
Turin (Not convinced that Easyjet or Ryanair would W this. Potential then for an Italian airline)
Verona (Ryanair on a W from Hahn possibly?)
http://www.di-ve.com/dive/portal/portal.jhtml?id=245638&pid=23
http://www.independent.com.mt/news.asp?newsitemid=37853
http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=234959
http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=234880

PS: Interesting to see both airlines now wanting to operate the Luton to Malta route. I wouldn't be surprised if they both try to insist that will not operate to the island at all unless they get the Luton route. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth :}

cesare.caldi
27th Aug 2006, 22:32
The answer: September 12.

So, september 12 is the day when will be annunced the new routes from Madrid base?

box
28th Aug 2006, 11:57
I was reading in a German paper that EZ is considering leaving Berlin if the landing fees will be raised. Has anybody heard anything about this?

FlapsOne
28th Aug 2006, 15:26
FRANKFURT (AFX) - easyJet PLC denied a report in German weekly Der Spiegel that the company is considering reducing services to and from Berlin or even scrapping them altogether if Berlin's new international airport is constructed as planned.

easyJet spokesman Oliver Aust acknowledged the company is sceptical about the plans for the Berlin Brandenburg International Airport, but he said easyJet has no plans reduce flights to the German capital.

'On the contrary: we are planning to expand' in Berlin, he said.

Doors to Automatic
28th Aug 2006, 17:25
The original low cost carriers (like easyjet and Ryanair) seem to have overlooked the fact that they don't have the market to themselves anymore.

Every man and his dog is either a low-cost carrier or operating close to a low-cost pricing (fare) model so if one pulls out there will be several ready to take on the routes if they are close to being profitable.

They days of easyjet or Ryanair being able to throw their weight around willy-nilly are history!

eu01
28th Aug 2006, 17:41
'On the contrary: we are planning to expand' in Berlin
No, it isn't that simple. Let me present you with some quotations.
There's a billion-dollar grave being dug here that won't do justice to us and to other low-cost carriers.
The BBI's dimensions are much too big and it would inevitably push up prices, even landing fees. These plans will also lead to a slump in passenger numbers.John Kohlsaat, head of EasyJet's German operations
Easyjet wants to remain in Berlin. But if the BBI were built according to the existing plans, "we would consider changing our plans", Kohlsaat stressed.
He meant that the actual plans are tailored only to the needs of the traditional airlines. "They (the plans) originate from the 90's, from the times of Denver and Dallas, when low-cost flying did not emerge yet."
Easyjet would want to keep its present terminal as "the valued one".
The British criticize also up to four times longer way that the passengers will have to walk in the new BBI terminal. It would raise plane's turnaround times by over 20 minutes. Besides only ten gates for cheap fliers are planned. Easyjet alone uses six at present. "If the large airport in this form were built it would mean less efficiency and higher costs for lcc's".
Easyjet has already been trying to negotiate with the Berlin senate about making changes "of the outdated BBI plans". The current planning threatens BBI to become an empty glass palace, where the functioning of Easyjet were no longer possible.John Kohlsaat
Interestingly, also Ryanair seems to share this opinion with EZY.
"We don't need the massive marble palace," a Ryanair spokeswoman told German newspaper B.Z. am Sonntag, adding that "Berlin already has three lovely airports."
What Ryanair really want however is quite a different scenario. Unfortunately for them, they have been succesfully blocked by the local authorities from using their "own" airport. Not in Schönefeld but in the vincinity of the German capital. Due to the development plans at BBI, the airports of Neuhardenberg and Eberswalde-Finow, while having the runways good enough to serve big passenger jets (like Ryanair's 737's), are not allowed to accept them.
For example, Neuhardenberg has:
RWY 2400 x 50 m, Concrete
RWY 08 TKOF 2400 m; LDG 2400 m
RWY 26 TKOF 2400 m; LDG 2400 m
but:
MTOW PCN 53 R/B/W/T

The quotations based on today's news from "Die Welt", "DW" and "Der Tagesspiegel".

Jes
28th Aug 2006, 18:03
Thank you eu01: excellent contribution.

Finow is an airport that Infratil has an interest in.

FlapsOne
28th Aug 2006, 20:46
As everything so far has come from the press it looks like it all falls into the bracket of 'don't believe everything you read in a newspaper'.

CaptJ
29th Aug 2006, 13:41
I see that easyjet has restarted its rolling program of cancellations.
selected late flights to/from Stansted,Luton,Belfast and selected midday flights to/from Glasgow and Edinburgh have been cancelled so far.

:*

Mr Rowntree
30th Aug 2006, 17:47
Could someone tell me how many Aircraft easy have based at EMA?

Cheers

Rowntree

phil_2405
30th Aug 2006, 17:57
Mr Rowntree

3 Airbus A319's.

Mr Rowntree
30th Aug 2006, 18:02
phil_2405

Thank you very much!

MerchantVenturer
30th Aug 2006, 19:16
I see that easyjet has restarted its rolling program of cancellations.
selected late flights to/from Stansted,Luton,Belfast and selected midday flights to/from Glasgow and Edinburgh have been cancelled so far.
I was a victim of easyJet's penchant for cancelling flights wholesale as if this is some form of acceptable business practice.

In June my BRS-EDI-BRS flights were cancelled and I later discovered that around sixty BRS to EDI and GLA flights were cancelled that month. Since then I have kept an eye on BRS and there have been numerous easyJet flights cancelled through the summer to/from other destinations.

Because I have been a satisfied customer of theirs in the past I determined to give them another go and on 5 August booked a daytrip BRS-NCL-BRS, flying on 25 September.

Last Friday I received an email saying the outbound had been cancelled - 'for operational reasons' which is their euphemism for no crew.

I was given the choice of getting my money back, including any journey made 'where the flight no longer serves the purpose of the original flight plan', which I take to mean the return leg, since the outbound has been cancelled and I can't get to Newcastle to fly back, or of choosing another date (if available) within one month.

It cost me 80 pence in phone calls to get my money back for the cancelled Edinburgh flights in June (both legs were cancelled then), because although I booked on line easyJet will only refund via the phone at an enhanced phone charge.

They have my money for a month, cancel the flight then charge me to get my money back.

I have checked the easyJet timetable for Sept out of BRS and 24 NCL flights, 32 BFS and another 40-odd flights to/from other destinations appear to have been cancelled already.

easyJet will not reply to correspondence. I even tried Bristol Airport to get their opinion on their biggest operator's behaviour but apart from an acknowledgement to my email (sent on 24 July) promising a detailed reply I have heard nothing.

This has turned a loyal and supportive customer of the airline into someone who would not fly with them in future if they gave me a free ticket.

I'm just thankful my cancelled flights were day trips and there were no hotel and car hire expenses.

ORAC
1st Sep 2006, 09:57
BBC: Easyjet charges for second bags

A budget airline is to charge passengers an extra fee for putting a second bag in aircraft holds.

Easyjet said the increased security measures at UK airports was to blame for the move. It will cost passengers £10 to put additional luggage in the hold on check-in or £5 if paid in advance.

Spokesman Toby Nicholl said: "We've seen in the past three weeks an explosion in the amount of baggage put in holds and it is delaying check-ins." He added: "We're trying to incentivise passengers to take one bag to reduce delays."

Powerjet1
1st Sep 2006, 10:00
Apparently, easyjet to announce its Spanish domestic routes on 13 september. Expected to be Tenerife, Lanzarote, Asturias & Bilbao amongst others, from MAD.

CentreFix25
2nd Sep 2006, 07:06
Spokesman Toby Nicholl said: "We've seen in the past three weeks an explosion in the amount of baggage put in holds and it is delaying check-ins." He added: "We're trying to incentivise passengers to take one bag to reduce delays."In the light of recent events i think he could have worded that better!

AlphaBravoZulu
4th Sep 2006, 18:38
Thought I'd post this in here too...

Bids made by Easyjet and Ryanair accepted [04/09/2006 - 15:03]

The adjudicating committee appointed by the government to review the bids submitted by airlines in response to the call for low cost carriers to operate new routes to Malta, has accepted the bids made by Easyjet and Ryanair.

Source: The Times of Malta (http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/article.php?id=breaking#67)

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure which routes Easyjet submitted proposals for, sorry. :sad: :\

cesare.caldi
5th Sep 2006, 18:32
Thought I'd post this in here too...
Unfortunately I'm not quite sure which routes Easyjet submitted proposals for, sorry. :sad: :\

Easyjet will open Luton-Malta daily and Basel-Malta 5x week.

LGS6753
5th Sep 2006, 18:49
So does that mean that the Government of Malta has accepted proposals from BOTH FR and EZY to operate LTN-MLA??:confused:

virginblue
5th Sep 2006, 23:34
At the DTM base, the situation re cancelled flights seems to be escalating. Easyjet has had a lot of very negative press over the past few days, leading their spokesperson to the comment that he will not discuss the matter any further with the press as the way the press reports the issue was responsible for a hostile attitude of the public (what a clown....). He had the nerve to say that the press was responsible for a CSA getting attacked at the airport by an enrage passenger when a flight was cancelled.

As I am booked on two Easyjet flights in mid October - is there any pattern how flights are cancelled ? I am booked on CGN-LGW and LGW-INV. Particularly CGN is worrying me as in October they are upping tthe frequency to three daily and if there is a problem at the LGW, the easiest would to keep the old frequency.

egnxema
6th Sep 2006, 10:20
My most recent EZY flight was cancelled, and the promise of being reimbursed for any neccessary overnight hotels and taxis has not happened, even though I have had repeated phone/email and written correspondence with "Customer Services" at easyLand.

My cancelled flight was in June - I for one will not be flying with easyJet again for the foreseeable future - I cannot afford the risk of a) not getting home on the expected date, and b) not being reimbursed for the expense of having to overnight due to easyJet not being able to crew their fleet properly.

In all honesty I now rather fly on a higher fare with BA/AF/IB, or fly to a secondary airport with FR and pay for the ground transportation.

I am fearful of sounding like a ranting upset pax, but I have been in the travel industry, both business, retail and airline for a number of years. After the summer that easyJet have had I feel they deserve to be stung by the courts or the CAA for their dreadful incompetence.

In NO WAY am I hitting at the fliers - easyJet crew have always been brilliant in my experience.

But I am full of disbelief at the apparent muppets that are allowed to run that airline.

WHBM
6th Sep 2006, 11:27
In a reasonable world the CAA would be down on Easyjet, to whom they grant the AOC, long and hard for selling their services to the public and then not having the resources in place to operate them, mishandling the resulting requests for refunds, and causing great inconvenience to travellers. No crews available ? Get Titan or whoever to cover it. Or don't offer the flights in the first place. And certainly don't start any additional routes.

But what do we see from the CAA about all this ? Diddly Squat. If they continue to spend the day at 45 Kingsway contemplating their navels I suggest we campaign for the resignation of CAA Chairman Sir Roy McNulty.

ezpz
6th Sep 2006, 18:04
No crews available ? Get Titan or whoever to cover it. Or don't offer the flights in the first place. And certainly don't start any additional routes.

We have sub-chartered flights to Titan and others everyday this summer. We have two sub-chartered aircraft (737 and 757) for the next few weeks in Luton to cover flights. I realise it has been a long summer for our passengers, but it has been just as bad for the crews onboard, working 11 hour duties just to keep the planes flying.
To be fair, our CEO has taken action and fired out Flight Ops manager who watched the whole situation grow out of control, and is trying to retain the existing staff by improving working conditions. We have been recruiting non-stop since last November for LGW and LTN (and other bases) and are training 120 new cabin crew each month.
Things can only get better, as this summer has been the worst one I have ever experienced at easyJet.

virginblue
6th Sep 2006, 18:22
Are all bases evenly affected by the cancellations or is Easyjet trying to avoid cancellation at bases / on routes where they face competition (e.g. on most LGW routes ?)

daz211
6th Sep 2006, 18:36
so what about STN I have been told they are not looking
for cabin crew but at least 3 flights a day mainly domestic
routes have been canx
I have also seen canx routes such as PMI and FAO
I would have thought these would be very busy routes
with lots of children :confused:

frequentflyer2
6th Sep 2006, 21:53
I'm getting a sense of deja vu here. In August BA withdrew from the BHD-BHX route leaving us with no option but to rebook with Flybe. They did give a refund but the Flybe tickets still cost £110 more that we originally paid. Now we've decided to visit the Costa del Sol in November and have booked return flights with easyJet BFS-AGP. What happens if they decide to cancel either the outbound or return flight? Do they simply offer seats on the first available direct flight even if it's five days into your holiday or is there some flexibility. For example, would they happily fly you to Luton/Liverpool/Gatwick from Belfast and on to Malaga or vice versa? Also if they cancel the outward leg and you don't like what they're offering and decide to use an alternative carrier on the outward sector can you still use the return easyJet flight?

CaptJ
7th Sep 2006, 13:43
frequentflyer2

My understanding (and some experience) is that both options are possible.
BUT and it is a big BUT, you have to make such changes via Customer Services. It would be quite so bad if they would allow you to change both sectors of a return, but they don't. My advice is not to make any alteration to the disrupted booking online if a re-route would suit you better. If your booking is still in its "disrupted" state then the call-centre staff appear to have less difficulty in sorting it for you.

Anyway, doesn't alter that fact that what they are doing is quite unacceptable. It will cost them considerable goodwill and passengers.:mad:

kthompson
7th Sep 2006, 14:25
I made a posting in the Belfast forum yesterday.

It was regarding the winter schedule to NCE, and I was told EZY have cancelled the route for the winter, although they have not officially said anything yet.

So I booked my winter flights to NCE via LIV.

There are still lots of routes which have not come out yet for the winter. I have friends living in Newcastle who have been waiting to book flights to NCE.

Has that been cancelled too, or should they wait until EZY say something officially.

Charlie Roy
7th Sep 2006, 14:32
kthompson

It's also possible that Easy are planning to launch a Nice base and use Nice based aircraft to fly certain existing Nice routes, thereby freeing up capacity at other bases.

That said, I haven't heard this "a base in Nice" rumour in ages, so doesn't seem likely...

:confused:

CaptainProp
8th Sep 2006, 07:56
No, and with the new MAD base juts announced it´s unlikely that we have plans for any other base announcements in the near future...Not enough crew or resources to manage all the admin for one more base opening... Thats my guess anyway...
/CP

daz211
9th Sep 2006, 20:52
what is going on with EZY and canx flights tonight into stansted
have they not sorted the problem of staffing yet

TONIGHTS CANX FLIGHTS INBOUND

EDI,MUC,GLA,AMS,CPH,NCE (not showing canx on ezy website)
the poor meeters and greaters im sure if BAA know they are canx
that the airline would know as well.
ezy arrivals info is even showing flights due after 0200 have landed
and its only 2200

when will this end?
if they cant staff the routes give up the slots to those who can:ugh:

Musket90
9th Sep 2006, 21:22
Daz

Maybe knock on effect from earlier delayed flights and tonight's runway closure at midnight has contributed. FR don't seem to suffer anything like the same problems.

BusBoy
9th Sep 2006, 21:49
Cancellations due Airport computers all down no baggage handling, no check-in no security etc etc
so as Airport closes at 2300z decision was made to cancel flights to make sure aircraft are in position for tomorrow

daz211
9th Sep 2006, 22:11
this only seems to be EZY flights RYR and others are normal:confused:

daz211
10th Sep 2006, 08:49
still problems for EZY ?

TODAYS CANX FLIGHTS I/B to STN

BIO, GLA, EDI, NCL, LEI, BFS

mrloop
10th Sep 2006, 11:50
Chaos yesterday for the BRS based flights - my return GVA-BRS was over three hours late. The captain claimed that they had had two aircraft go tech at BRS which required complete reworking of the flying schedule. Still better late than never...

Charlie Roy
12th Sep 2006, 11:27
Ideas on the international routes? I would say Dortmund, Rome-Ciampino, Glasgow/Edimburgh or even a second flight to Liverpool have all great chances to happen. The answer: September 12.

So Easyjet still haven't announced their new Madrid routes... markmartin have you heard an update on the date of the announcement since?

markmartin
12th Sep 2006, 11:33
So Easyjet still haven't announced their new Madrid routes... markmartin have you heard an update on the date of the announcement since?

It will be tomorrow (september 13), or at least that´s what some Spanish papers say:

http://actualidad.terra.es/internacional/articulo/espana_barajas_easyjet_comenzara_operar_1062348.htm

Charlie Roy
12th Sep 2006, 11:46
markmartin

Thanks ;)
I wonder do Ryanair have any plans to steal Easyjet's thunder and make an announcement tomorrow about a majour Spanish expansion? :}

Buster the Bear
12th Sep 2006, 15:20
Handkerchiefs at the ready!

The last easyJet B737-300 flight is scheduled to take place on Sept 21st, post this the fleet will be -700 and A319.

Off Stand
12th Sep 2006, 16:45
Buster, that flight will it be doing? What is the reg of the last a/c?

NEastMidlands
12th Sep 2006, 18:25
Are all flights from EMA these days operated by A319's?

phil_2405
12th Sep 2006, 19:08
Are all flights from EMA these days operated by A319's?

Yes there are.

NEastMidlands
13th Sep 2006, 10:29
Yes there are.

Thanks, i thought they were.

eu01
13th Sep 2006, 10:42
Well, the announcement about the new routes did come today:
Two of the new routes are domestic, to Oviedo and La Coruna, while four are international, to Lyon and Toulouse in France, Rome in Italy and Casablanca in Morocco.
The new services will start February next year. easyJet will initially base three aircraft at Barajas.
Spain is the airline's second largest market after the UK.
easyJet also announced a new route from Lyon to Rome.
Source: sharewatch.com
Seems not enough (destinations), if three aircraft are to be based there....

brians in touch
13th Sep 2006, 14:38
Still no Winter flights from 30th September to Berlin will they be running or not!!

Charlie Roy
13th Sep 2006, 19:13
Well, the announcement about the new routes did come today...

Yes, very few routes for 3 aircraft. Maybe more Madrid routes will be announced in the coming days and weeks. For example, the much expected Canary Island routes did not form part of today's
announcement :confused:

Also, it has to be considered that the Lyon to Rome route announced today will surely be operated with a Madrid based aircraft. And we must also consider that the destinations selected are traditionally high
frequency routes.

Aggregate daily frequencies (approx) offered by competitors:
Rome: 16
La Coruna: 11
Asturias/Ovieda: 10
Toulouse: 9
Lyon: 6
Casablanca: 2

Easyjet has just gone into further battle with Iberia, Air France, Spanair, Alitalia, Vueling and Air Madrid. Easyjet will have to offer high frequencies on these routes to make an impact and to appeal to business passengers. Not one single route today was a new route. At least when Ryanair set up in Madrid, the airport will get some new routes like Eindhoven and Biarritz.

Good luck Easyjet :ok: Hopefully the likes of Iberia will be motivated to overhaul their antequated way of running an airline.

PS - Interesting to see Lyon getting 2 new routes out of today's announcement. We have to remember too that in choosing this latest base Lyon was one of the candidates who lost out to Madrid. So it seems that Lyon's under construction Marseille-style low cost terminal is attracting in the airlines already. When will we see Ryanair there?

outofsynch
13th Sep 2006, 20:23
I think there are more routes to come. LYS-CIA could be done from STN.

Buster, that flight will it be doing? What is the reg of the last a/c?

'Off Stand' GEZYS is the only 733 left in the fleet. GIGOR finished on the 4th. YS does an ALC return on 21st before departing for Shannon at 1300z.

eu01
14th Sep 2006, 07:45
According to Spanish PressEasyjet announced yesterday that finally it will not fly this winter between Tenerife and Madrid, although initially had asked for slots to establish five daily connections between the capital of Spain and the Island.

fredchabbage
14th Sep 2006, 10:22
does anyone know - are EZY pulling the Berlin-Maastricht route at the end of the year ?

eu01
14th Sep 2006, 11:54
And again, EZY doesn't seem to be very happy to serve Malta-route head-to-head with FR, as Malta Today reports:(Maltese) Government is expected to be confronted by EasyJet officials tomorrow, protesting at having to share Luton airport with Irish rivals Ryanair.
Should government insist on Luton, EasyJet are more likely to pull out of servicing the Malta route.
Contrary to Ryanair – who immediately responded to last week’s invitation by government to start low-cost operations to Malta – EasyJet chose to keep mum and just responded to a call issued by government for “talks” this week to discuss the details of the offer.
While EasyJet’s press office insisted not to comment about any matter relating to Malta, sources close to the UK based-low cost carrier revealed that EasyJet officials will tomorrow submit to government a proposal to offer Stansted or Gatwick.
Luton airport serves as EasyJet’s headquarters and it is believed that the airline was never keen to share an airport with Ryanair.True, don't you think?
Would we have somewhat oddly FR serving Malta from Luton and EZY from Stansted? Or will EZY give it up altogether?

toledoashley
14th Sep 2006, 12:00
Think Stansted - Malta will be OK - but I can see this one swapping. What would it come in expence of Tallinn?

outofsynch
14th Sep 2006, 13:36
I think Tallin does too well to drop. But Malta could be done with one of the two 'summer' 319's which winter elsewhere.

orangetree
18th Sep 2006, 19:13
2012 by which time there should be a bus replacement.

Off Stand
18th Sep 2006, 20:40
Last 300 (G-EZYS) has her last flight on the 21st. The first 2 700's (G-EZJA & B?) are going at the end of the year to Brazilian operator, Gol.

Sky Wave
19th Sep 2006, 10:46
From a quick look at GINFO I make their current fleet 32 x 737-700 and 76 x A319's. It also still shows 5 x 737-300 still registered to them although they say "potential change of registered owner in progress." I guess although they've done their last flights for EZY they’ve not been de-registered yet.

LGS6753
23rd Sep 2006, 19:47
Today's Daily Telegraph reports that EasyJet (and Monarch) will be flying to Tangiers (Morocco) in 2007.

Nothing on the website yet though.

IB4138
24th Sep 2006, 08:18
Quite a few cancellations at Luton today and a couple at Stansted.

LTNman
24th Sep 2006, 09:23
Quite a few cancellations at Luton today and a couple at Stansted.

The airline is in crisis due to a lack of crews so isn’t it about time that the airline introduced an emergency timetable that they can actually operate then passengers can have confidence that their booked flights will actually operate.

My sister-in-law who books flights for her company has recently abandoned easyjet after two consecutive bookings from Aberdeen to Luton were cancelled. She got a refund for the cancelled flights and the operating return legs but now uses a more reliable airline, as easyjet can’t deliver.

The airline is shooting itself in the foot by driving away repeat business passengers and leisure passengers who only need to be caught out once to hold a grudge against the airline.

How do they get away with selling flights they know they cannot operate?

daz211
24th Sep 2006, 23:16
I see todays NCL and BFS are canx AGAIN, EZY want to watch their backs, as Airberlin might look at NCL soon, I bet AB are getting EZY pax on their BHD route already.

Think of all the intrest EZY are making on all the canx flights, well the money has to come from somewhere to pay for all the cabin crew training.

The_Bean_Counter
25th Sep 2006, 12:43
Any idea when the new routes from MAD will go on sale ?

Do EZY actually have the slots to operate the routes ?

cesare.caldi
25th Sep 2006, 17:46
Any idea when the new routes from MAD will go on sale ?

Tomorrow morning!

Ready to book early for the best price! ;)

Playamar2
25th Sep 2006, 20:01
daz211
Don't think EZY would have any money at all, if the passengers used
EU Regulation 261/2004 to claim compensation (minimum 250 Euros).
As neither your post or LTNman's stipulated if passengers were given any notice of their canx flights I would add that airlines do not have to compensate passengers if they have given at least two weeks' notice of a cancellation.
Playamar

daz211
25th Sep 2006, 20:18
A friend of a friend is going on an EZY assesment day for a pilot position
the friend of the friend told me he would be doing sim flights on a B744 sim, I told the friend to tell his friend this cant be right, but after seing the letter from EZY the friends friend was right it says B744, why is this,
Are EZY planning long haul behind closed doors or is this normal:confused:

easyboy
25th Sep 2006, 20:25
daz211

As far as I'm aware, easyJet have no plans to do long haul.

Why he is doing a sim flight on a B744 I have no idea, I'm no pilot but I'm guessing there is a fair bit of difference between a 747 and a 737.

ICING AOA
25th Sep 2006, 20:53
flying a B744 or a B737 NG is exactly the same kind of work. They want to see CRM skills, flying skills, and the rapidity of learning and how the applicant will improve himself during the sim ride.
I guess that one day or another Ryanair and easyjet will think about starting up long haul operations, in about 10 years I would say ? :rolleyes:

Powerjet1
26th Sep 2006, 19:47
See that Casablanca is one of the routes announced from MAD, along with others today. I think this is a totally new destination in the easy network, so maybe links to other easy bases will follow in the not too distant future.

easyboy
26th Sep 2006, 21:06
Powerjet1

Where can this announcement be found then, I can't seem to find it on the easyJet website????

Powerjet1
26th Sep 2006, 21:20
CMN in booking engine, with flights starting 22 Feb 07.

easyboy
26th Sep 2006, 21:22
Ahh, yeh thanks for that

Charlie Roy
26th Sep 2006, 21:47

The schedules don't fit completely yet, but that is typical. Airlines never seem to get schedules completely right the first time they load them into their database.

That said, it would seem that there aren't any gaps in aircraft's schedules afterall:

Aircraft 1
MAD-LYS-CIA-LYS-MAD-LCG-MAD-OVD-MAD

Aircraft 2
MAD-LGW-MAD-LCG-MAD-OVD-MAD-LGW-MAD

Aircraft 3
MAD-CIA-MAD-CMN-MAD-TLS-MAD

cesare.caldi
26th Sep 2006, 22:19
In synthesis we have:

MAD-OVD 2x daily
MAD-LCG 2x daily
MAD-TLS 1x daily
MAD-LYS 1x daily
MAD-CMN 1x daily
MAD-CIA 1x daily
LYS-CIA 1x daily

Two new city enter in Easyjet network: La Coruna and Casablanca (second Easyjet destinations in Morocco)

crackling jet
26th Sep 2006, 23:44
A friend of a friend is going on an EZY assesment day for a pilot position
the friend of the friend told me he would be doing sim flights on a B744 sim, I told the friend to tell his friend this cant be right, but after seing the letter from EZY the friends friend was right it says B744, why is this,
Are EZY planning long haul behind closed doors or is this normal:confused:

I seem to recall weeks ago reading an article, where Stellios stated that they would never consider long haul sectors, due to not being able to get enough bums on seats on the longer sectors, i am sure he stated that the longest sectors would be 4 and a half hours max, where each unit could do on average three rotations a day. Though this bussiness changes week by week, but if he is considering it, more power to his elbow, if anyone could do it ,it would be him. nice to see though

The_Bean_Counter
27th Sep 2006, 08:00
CR

Cant work out how you get a LGW on line 2 ahead of the LCG and be back in MAD. LGW flights on sale do not tally with this ?

Charlie Roy
27th Sep 2006, 08:15
The schedules don't fit completely yet

The_Bean_Counter

Ya i know, maybe I'm wrong. But since the schedules don't fit at all now I expect that the times will be changed to make this aircraft 2 schedule fit.

WHBM
27th Sep 2006, 10:24
Was disappointed to find that Easy's real time Live Flight Arrivals information on their website is so inaccurate.

Flying Inverness to Luton, aware the Luton-based aircraft tends to do a Basle rotation before the Inverness. At 1200 I did a check on their site, Basle trips well over an hour late both ways but northbound Inverness flight, which should have been over 30 minutes into its flight, showing on time, so presumably a different aircraft and already in the air. Contacted office and said I expected to be be in on time for the afternoon.

Got to airport, check-in staff had no information at all on status of northbound flight other than "delayed", likewise nothing for those waiting to meet pax from flight.

Eventually arrived 90 minutes late so cannot have left Luton at all while all the above was going on and flight status was merrily being shown as "on time".

Come on you ops guys, it cannot be that difficult to keep your IT systems abreast of what is going on, can it ?

brians in touch
28th Sep 2006, 06:29
A year after its successful launch from Newcastle, Jet2 is further enhancing its already strong portfolio of destinations with the addition of four new and very exciting routes. The Spanish hotspots of Almeria, Valencia (both completely new destinations from Newcastle), Malaga and Palma will be available from Spring 2007 and are ON SALE NOW, with fares from just £39.99.

Its good to see Jet2 offering more routes, when Easy jet is still cancelling flights at NCL yesterdays flight to Faro was a farce, customer loyalty will now move
JET2 flights are now

1. Almeria (Spain), 2 times per week, starting 22nd May 07, from £39.99
2. Malaga (Spain), 4 times per week, starting 29th March 07, from £39.99
3. Palma (Majorca), daily in peak periods, starting 30th March 07, from £39.99
4. Valencia (Spain) 3 times per week, starting 22nd May 07, from £39.99
The Existing Jet2.com Destinations
5. Amsterdam, from £12.99
6. Bergen, from £19.99
7. Chambery, from £ 21.99
8. Cork, from £9.99
9. Krakow, from £19.99
10. Menorca, from £39.99
11. Murcia, from £39.99
12. Pisa, from £27.99
13. Tenerife, from £52.50
All prices one way, inclusive of taxes.

brians in touch
29th Sep 2006, 15:02
New route announced today from Barcelona Girona to NCL
will EASY JET start seeing sense customer loyalty will now move to Ryan Air as well as jet.2 starting 25th March 4 times a week

Customers will not support Easy Jet much longer as long as other carriers are noew picking up the routes

cesare.caldi
29th Sep 2006, 21:07
Easyjet has announced a new route from NI

Easyjet is to operate three weekly flights from Belfast International Airport to Krakow from 24 April 2007.

There are an estimated 30,000 Polish people living, working and studying in Northern Ireland.

Earlier this week, Wizz Air announced it was to begin flights between the Belfast airport and Warsaw and Katowice next year.

Easyjet said its announcement was part of a wider expansion of Belfast International Airport, which would be announced in the coming weeks.

Paul Cable of Easyjet said: "Northern Ireland is a very important market to Easyjet and we are looking forward to announcing more new routes and increased frequencies for summer 2007 in the coming weeks.

"There is a great demand for direct low-cost travel in Northern Ireland and Easyjet recognises the great potential for further development from the region."

The Wizz service will operate every other day. The Katowice route begins on 29 May next year and Warsaw on 28 July.

The Polish community is the largest single Eastern European grouping in Northern Ireland. BBC.CO.UK

Any idea or rumors about new possible route from Belfast?

fyrefli
30th Sep 2006, 11:07
daz211
Don't think EZY would have any money at all, if the passengers used
EU Regulation 261/2004 to claim compensation (minimum 250 Euros).
As neither your post or LTNman's stipulated if passengers were given any notice of their canx flights I would add that airlines do not have to compensate passengers if they have given at least two weeks' notice of a cancellation.

Do you know what the really nice thing is? I had to move a flight (next month) by a day when it got cancelled (early this month). No problem, doesn't matter to me if I'm in the UK for six or seven days a month. This morning, out of the blue, I get a mail from easyJet with a promotional voucher for 25 quid for having my flight cancelled :)

Result? Just booked my December round trip for the massive total of 17 pounds 54 pence inc taxes and debit card fee :D Plus one already hugely satisfied easyJet customer just got even happier with them.

Cheers,

Rich.

daz211
2nd Oct 2006, 12:48
Can anyone tell me why Easyjet are still canx flights, it seems that things are getting worse.

Todays canx from STN

NAPLES, LYON, LJUBLJANA, NICE, ALICANTE, IBIZA.

Musket90
2nd Oct 2006, 16:50
Daz

It may not be as bad as it seems because according to Easyjet timetables several of their schedules to the destinations listed change after 29 September so it may be that these are still in the BAA flight information display and are shown as cancelled because they are no longer planned to operate. A bit like the morning Flyme schedule which is always shown as cancelled when it has not operated for some time.

daz211
2nd Oct 2006, 16:57
That would make some sence, thanks

ryanair1
2nd Oct 2006, 20:33
next new route launches will include BFS-BOH (Bournemouth)

cesare.caldi
2nd Oct 2006, 22:17
next new route launches will include BFS-BOH (Bournemouth)

Good! Any rumors about others new Easyjet route from BFS?

shannon55
3rd Oct 2006, 09:41
would a BFS-MXP route be out of the question or has it already been tried?

ICING AOA
3rd Oct 2006, 13:04
according to Easyjet timetables several of their schedules to the destinations listed change after 29 September

with those new winter schedules, I am sorry to say I will have to fly with Ryanair, due to better schedules for some destination I frequently go to on my days off. :O
"come on let's fly"... yes, but there are less flights ! :mad:... and MOL is fully happy !

easyboy
3rd Oct 2006, 13:06
ICING AOA

That's right, during winter there always are less flights - with most airlines.

The good thing about there being so many airlines about is that consumers have a massive choice of airlines to fly with

eastern wiseguy
3rd Oct 2006, 14:18
would a BFS-MXP route be out of the question or has it already been tried?

It has never been tried...in fairness I am stumped as to where is left out of BFS..either as a tourist or a business destination.

shannon55
3rd Oct 2006, 15:37
I'd say it's only a matter of time so...given that easyjet are constantly expanding at Milan. It would be a great addition for the people of the surrounding areas of Belfast and one which I'm sure easyjet will not neglect for much longer.;)

Jamesair
3rd Oct 2006, 16:28
More cancellations today at NCL....I was in Naples yesterday and noticed the STN flight was shown on the board as Cancelled. EZY must be really upsetting pax at the moment.

Jes
3rd Oct 2006, 18:14
in fairness I am stumped as to where is left out of BFS..either as a tourist or a business destination.
We already have Bournemouth suggested. I'd look at other places in the UK as well, as it seems that easy is building up Belfast as a counterweight to Dublin.

SKY's4ME
3rd Oct 2006, 20:50
Easyjet looks set to embark on a major expansion at BFS were it enjoys a near monopoloy market. This can only be good news for me and others who can now fly to the continent direct from BFS. well done EZY.

Milan would be great don't know about the market for BOH? rumours in local press of additional European and UK flights to be announced as well as increasing frequencies on existing BFS routes!

Only question now when will the Airbus come? or will the 737 become the mainstay at BFS?

chec tunset
3rd Oct 2006, 23:24
was told recently that BFS is the EZY 737 graveyard. No plans for the bus. Seems a bit strange as the loads seem to favour bigger machinery.

jack_essex
5th Oct 2006, 17:32
What is going on with easyJet at Stansted? On a daily basis they seem to be cancelling around 10 flights. Most of the time the flights include domestic routes, Amsterdam, Nice, Ibiza and Palma. The amount of flights which they keep cancelling puts you off booking with them.

ESCNI
6th Oct 2006, 14:13
When pricing a few BFS/LPL flights, I noticed that the taxes applied by easyJet have risen from £10 to £20 for a return trip.

:ooh:

When did this rise occur?

Kestrel_909
6th Oct 2006, 14:58
Only question now when will the Airbus come? or will the 737 become the mainstay at BFS?

As far as I know, it won't. NCL, BFS and LTN are the only 737 bases left I think and will remain until the 737s are gone, last one in 2011 I think. Then perhaps the clapped out Buses?

Interesting to see Jet2's new destinations announced today from BFS, Toulouse, Milan, Ibiza, Palma and Malaga. I wonder what the expansion from EZY will involve, other than increased frequencies?

Wonkavater
7th Oct 2006, 14:35
Does anyone know when EZY are going to publish their summer 2007 schedule ex LPL?

cesare.caldi
7th Oct 2006, 15:08
Wonkavater

Easyjet summer 2007 timetable will begin to be published from November

Buster the Bear
7th Oct 2006, 18:03
Talks between easyJet and the Maltese Government have broken down, so Malta will not be an easyJet destination for a while.

ESCNI
9th Oct 2006, 08:52
Tries again...

When pricing a few BFS/LPL flights, I noticed that the taxes applied by easyJet have risen from £10 to £20 for a return trip.

:ooh:

When did this rise occur?

ESCNI
13th Oct 2006, 15:07

It would appear that easyJet are claiming that the additional £10 is a security tax. Surely, this was only for people who were checking-in luggage?

As we carry only hand luggage, surely this tax should not be automatically surcharged when booking?

daz211
15th Oct 2006, 19:19
I have a friend flying to ALC tomorrow with EZY from STN, I see from the RYR website, that there is industrial action in spain tomorrow and RYR have canx some flight, can anyone tell me if EZY are going to canx flights or just let people turn up at the airport, only to be told to go home again,

or is EZY not affected by this action ?

easyboy
15th Oct 2006, 20:38
daz211

If I remember correctly ALC is one of the spanish airports that EZY are self-handling at, so I wouldn't imagine that EZY will be affected.

Evanelpus
18th Oct 2006, 16:08
Hi

Can anyone please tell me when EZY will post their 2007 summer schedules and prices?

Have already booked the accommodation, need to sort out some flights.

Thanks in advance.

johnref
18th Oct 2006, 16:42
Last couple of years they seemed to start getting loaded around Christmas time.

EasyJet typically add them a couple of bases at a time so you might start to see them in early December - my recollection would be based on Belfast routes.

Buster the Bear
18th Oct 2006, 18:08
Normally December to January on a gradual basis so as not to overload the server.

outofsynch
18th Oct 2006, 22:01
What is going on with easyJet at Stansted? On a daily basis they seem to be cancelling around 10 flights. Most of the time the flights include domestic routes, Amsterdam, Nice, Ibiza and Palma. The amount of flights which they keep cancelling puts you off booking with them.

These are flights that were cancelled before any pax booked on them... i.e. some time ago. That is why they are so random. There will probably be some 'cancellations' right through winter to assist eJ in diluting pilot hours so as to have less disruption (subs) next summer. Not a bad idea, and no pax disadvantaged.

shannon55
19th Oct 2006, 20:48
<H3 class=entry-header>Inverness to Bristol service scaled back by easyJet

EasyJet is to reduce the frequency of flights on its route between Inverness and Bristol next month.
The airline currently offers a daily service but has said it will not operate flights on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday for four weeks in November.

</H3>

NEastMidlands
24th Oct 2006, 18:55
A while ago i got an email saying i could add "Speedy Boarding" but is it just me that cannot find the option on the account?

cesare.caldi
27th Oct 2006, 19:32
Easyjet new route MAD-RAK daily from 22/02/2007. On sale now!

True Blue
28th Oct 2006, 10:50
About 2 years back, Easy had a 7.30am departure from Bfs - Lgw, operated by a Bfs based aircraft and a late night flight back. What is the chances of Easy bring an early morning departure back, say about 7.00am on the Bfs - Lgw route?

True Blue

Getoutofmygalley
28th Oct 2006, 18:21
About 2 years back, Easy had a 7.30am departure from Bfs - Lgw, operated by a Bfs based aircraft and a late night flight back. What is the chances of Easy bring an early morning departure back, say about 7.00am on the Bfs - Lgw route?

True Blue

Pointless asking on here, but why not write in and suggest it! If enough people suggest routes then the company looks into them and does sometimes implement them :)

Skipness One Echo
28th Oct 2006, 20:01
Odd that the Glasgow and Edinburgh services are operated the wrong way round too. First flight of the day goes north as most of the traffic is trying to go south......

True Blue
28th Oct 2006, 22:36
Skipness One Echo

I have to agree with you totally. The main traffic flow is ex belfast in the morning, returning in the evening. There is a good demand for an early departure ex belfast, for business and connecting, yet easy seem to be happy to let that go to Flybe. They offer an early departures to Ltn and Stn ,so why not Lgw? Why are easy not interested in providing an early departure to Lgw from Bfs? If they don't want to do it, I hope another Lcc will.

True Blue

easyboy
29th Oct 2006, 07:58
True Blue

Again as above, why not contact easyJet directly and suggest this, if enough people show that there is demand for the service they may introduce it.

Ametyst
29th Oct 2006, 11:59
The problem is slots at Gatwick. EasyJet can get early morning slots to operate out of Gatwick between 6am and 7am, but they can't get slots in and out of Gatwick between 07:45 and 10:00.

Jordan D
29th Oct 2006, 12:05
Has to be said that there are slots ex-EDI and ex-STN for early (0615) deptartures currently ... I know because I'm flying ex-EDI on the 0615 this Friday. I think what's more annoying is that there is nothing on the shuttle routes between late morning and late afternoon.

Jordan

Ametyst
29th Oct 2006, 16:40
Yes, there may be slots at Edinburgh and Stansted but there are none available at Gatwick hence the resaon the flights depart early morning from Gatwick to Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Marra123
30th Oct 2006, 00:26
At NCL EZY have now dropped the Berlin,Budapest and Nice routes,
Nice will return for summer 07 but Berlin and Budapest will not operate again. These seem strange routes to drop as these are very popular with Polish and Hungarians working in the NorthEast. Jet2 have started operating a Krakow flight which I believe is 3 times a week but isnt so popular with the Poles as alot of them come to Britain from the West of Poland. Newcastle still has 6 737-700 based over the winter with additional BRS,STN,BFS,CDG routes. Alot of canx flights from NCL over past few month but things seem to be getting back on track!

True Blue
30th Oct 2006, 08:23
So if there are no slots at Lgw in the early morning, how come they have just introduced a new 0855 arrival into Lgw from Mad?

And by the way to those who have suggested that I contact Easy and make some suggestions. I have contacted Easy several times in the past, on subjects such as shambolic ground handling at Bfs, items stolen from bags at Lgw etc and on the majority of occassions have never been afforded the courtesey of a reply. After a while you lose faith that your comments are ever looked at. And I am a heavy user of Easy out of bfs.

True Blue

toolonggone
30th Oct 2006, 10:36
A while ago i got an email saying i could add "Speedy Boarding" but is it just me that cannot find the option on the account?

Was introduced and then promptly withdrawn by EZY shortly after...something about problems with introducing system. Shame, as was pretty good idea and plenty of people would have been prepared to pay a few £££s more for priority boarding!

easyboy
30th Oct 2006, 10:38
Was introduced and then promptly withdrawn by EZY shortly after...something about problems with introducing system. Shame, as was pretty good idea and plenty of people would have been prepared to pay a few £££s more for priority boarding!

Watch this space, it is being launched very soon, early November I believe it is.

dwlpl
1st Nov 2006, 12:45
easyJet carried its 15millionth passenger through Liverpool yesterday just days after the airlines ninth anniversary at Liverpool.

ICING AOA
3rd Nov 2006, 08:23
Anybody knows why easyjet still does not go to Canaries ? The potentiel must be HUGE From Madrid as well as from London and Berlin! I really dont know why :confused: :confused:

BusBoy
3rd Nov 2006, 09:11
although EZY are "bending" the southwest model to fit Europe, flights to LPA, TFS and ACE from London airports and SXF just do not get the "bums on seats" required to see the equivalent revenue. In the same time an aircraft does a rotation to Canaries (8h+) it could have done at least 4 sectors if not more thus doubling the income for the same amount of Crew duty.
I'm sure they could factor this all in, but this would make it unattractive to pax. I'm sure there's the demand, esp during winter but not sure it works in the low cost model ex Northern Europe.

Ex MAD is a different matter!

ICING AOA
3rd Nov 2006, 09:37
thank you busboy.
On the other hand, an aircraft doing 2 sectors (instead of 4) eventually burns less fuel and have twice less landing fees and airport assistance, am I right ? :8

BusBoy
3rd Nov 2006, 13:21
landing fees yes, but depends on how much they are, if they're cheaper at the other places then could still be cheaper.
Also with fuel doing 4 sectors could be 5-7h of fuel (although 4 t/o) compared with 8h+ fuel to canaries, without crunching some numbers I would imagine that burns could be pretty similar.

juninho12
3rd Nov 2006, 13:51
However it could be debated that easyJet could make it work as a red-eye. Something like making the aircraft leave around 9PM and get back at 5/6ish AM.

I don't see it happening right now though, easyJet have other problems than increasing aircraft utilisation (they can't complete their current flying programme). If they sort out their crewing issues, it is quite possible that such an operation will go live.

RAT 5
3rd Nov 2006, 20:04
You're quite right about 'bums on seats'. A 10 hour Canary rotation carries 300 pax. 6 times AMS carries 900 pax. A double PMI carries 600 etc. The Canaries would need to be at least 5 times per week to fit the ej model. Half the flights would be half full/empty. It would only work as twice a week, and even then the prices/profit would not be attractive. It would be cheaper for the pax to take a charter package that organise it independantly.

The red-eye idea has been tried; fly the a/c when the airfields are closed. It is a killer for crews and removes the maintenance down time needed. Many airlines have tried this as a cash-flow' solution. The lack of maintenmace killed them off anyway. It might work with a larger a/c, but the business plan is fraught with danger.

NEastMidlands
3rd Nov 2006, 21:17
Watch this space, it is being launched very soon, early November I believe it is.

Well i hope so because i am deffinatly paying for it.

juninho12
3rd Nov 2006, 21:52
RAT 5

A canary rotation would be around 8.5-9 hours, not 10, which isn't too far off from an Athens or Istanbul.

easyJet used to do quite a bit of red-eye and still do a little (IST [from BSL], IBZ, etc...).

That in my opinion shows that there are some benefits to not having your whole fleet be idle at night. I'm not talking about having all the aircraft in the fleet out, but looking at LGW you could easily have 2-4 aircraft out of the lot that fly out at night.

Red-eyes do have potential on long routes, just looking at what jetBlue or America West do during the night does make one think it could be pulled off here.

However like you and myself pointed out, the crewing makes such a thing unfeasible. Not only because it's a great way to anger your crew but also because easyJet don't have enough to operate their core business routes.

Also out of interest, would anyone know what the top three bases are on the whole network for profitability and yields.

ICING AOA
3rd Nov 2006, 22:08
sorry, i dont understand what red-eye is ?

Off Stand
3rd Nov 2006, 22:26
Red eye is night flight.

orangetree
3rd Nov 2006, 23:17
operating red-eyes potentially compromises the first wave otp allowing delays from a previous day to compromise the next one. That said I'm sure we could get away with a few. Canaries from the UK ain't gonna happen. They would need to increase the MTOW's for a start. Anyway are there not already enough charter carriers already floggin cheap seats to TFS?

Wellington Bomber
4th Nov 2006, 06:57
Orangetree

The Canaries is working for Jet 2 using 757's from a number of places so come out of that comfy bed and start working at night:{

ICING AOA
4th Nov 2006, 07:10
Anyway are there not already enough charter carriers already floggin cheap seats to TFS?

yeah !... and there is Ryanair on the market now ! :D

ezpz
4th Nov 2006, 15:53
easyJet has made some red eye flights work. I flew a night Athens flight for 3 years, departing LTN 2230 and returning 0830 the next morning. The loads were always very good. The return leg left ATH at 0600 local time, which was a morning departure for the passengers, even though it felt like the middle of the night for the crew.
As mentioned, if we returned late, the next mornings first wave depature was affected. Also, it was very unpopular with most of the crew. Most importantly, it was a very inefficient use of crew, as it took up two days duty to operate 2 sectors, as you were requirred to take a lot of rest under the FTL rules afterwards. Crew are too valuable a resource too spare for red eye flights at easyJet, especially after this summer.

Off Stand
4th Nov 2006, 16:11
ezpz, it didn't help that the a/c was on the ground in ATH for 2-3 hours. If we had left there earlier, would have given a bit of breathing space in the schedule.

I used to hate doing those flights, the hardest part was staying awake on the way home!!!

And do you remember the PMI that reported at 0145? Vile!!!

BIG E
7th Nov 2006, 14:14
Orangetree has called it correctly,UK-Canaries are out of reach with anything over approx 85% load factor on both 700 and A319.

cesare.caldi
7th Nov 2006, 22:11
easyJet Pisa route back by popular demand

easyJet, Europe's leading low-fares airline, is to reinstate its Bristol to Pisa (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Book/) route from 18 January 2007. The route, which was originally launched in July 2005, was intended to be a summer only destination however due to popular demand easyJet will recommence operations early this winter to become a year-round offering.

Initially operating three times weekly during the winter, the service will increase to a daily flight from the end of March 2007. The airline carried over 54,000 passengers last summer on the Pisa route and expects this to increase to over 70,000 passengers throughout 2007.
Katie Stitson, easyJet Marketing Manager for Bristol, said:
"It’s great news that our Bristol to Pisa route has proved so popular that we will now be operating it all year round. easyJet has expanded significantly from Bristol Airport in the last few years and now offers a significant choice of routes across Europe. We continue to be committed to further expansion from the region and look forward to offering even more in the near future"
Tony Hallwood, Bristol International’s Aviation Development Director said;
"We are pleased that easyJet have introduced winter flights to the popular Italian gateway of Pisa. This year-round link to Tuscany is vital for both business and leisure passengers, and should prove a great success. Moreover, the increasing number of South West overseas property owners will welcome the introduction of easyJet’s winter flights to Tuscany as it provides quick and easy access to Florence, Siena and Pisa."
Easyjet press release

ncleflights
7th Nov 2006, 22:52
What is all this pre-occupation with folks trying to get easyjet to operate flights to the Canaries, they have made such a hash of things over the Summer operating small sectors.

Easyjet need to concentrate on getting customer satisfaction back, my regular easyjet Newcastle to Bristol flight was cancelled so many times over the summer that until they get their act together won't be getting my business back and I used to use them twice a week every week. From what folks here are telling me I am not alone in feeling like this. This is particularly bad news for easy at Newcastle as Jet2 are going to be flying the same routes next summer. Based on the bad experience folks have had this summer I think Jet2 will be picking up a lot of these unhappy folks.

MerchantVenturer
8th Nov 2006, 11:57
I concur with the last post. I was the victim of two short notice return cancellations from BRS in the summer - one to NCL.

easyJet still don't seem to be operating normally, at least not from my local at BRS.

For instance, their web timetable shows Rome, Murcia and Venice as operating daily throughout the winter.

A quick check with the booking engine, however, reveals that in November Rome isn't being flown on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Murcia isn't being flown on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays and Venice not on Tuesdays.

There may be other routes not operating to timetable as well. I only checked these three.

If you only intend to operate part weekly at certain times of the year why not show it in the timetable?

Inverness has already been announced as only going part week in November, although it was originally timetabled as daily.

As for the re-instated BRS-Pisa flight, easyJet say it was only intended as a summer route, yet they flew it 3 x weekly last winter from BRS, and only took it off at the beginning of this month.

They are now to reinstate it in January. Weren’t they aware of the "popular demand" before they took it off?

Pilotdom
8th Nov 2006, 14:18
Anybody know when Easy release there schedules from Liverpool to Paris for summer 2007?

Ametyst
8th Nov 2006, 14:20
easyJet normally release their summer schedule mid to late December. Sign up for the easyJet newsletter on their web-site and they will send you advance information when the routes are on sale

Close Tack
11th Nov 2006, 15:56
Anyone know if Easy plan a base in Barcelona or Gerona?

Cheers

cesare.caldi
11th Nov 2006, 16:05
Anyone know if Easy plan a base in Barcelona or Gerona?

Cheers

Girona surely no!
GRO it's the main Ryanair base in Spain! and normally Easyjet use only main airport.

Barcelona maybe in future...

ICING AOA
11th Nov 2006, 17:15
what about in France ? Marseille or Lyon ? or both :ooh:

Charlie Roy
11th Nov 2006, 18:32
ICING AOA

Before deciding on Madrid as their latest base, Easyjet were negociating with Lyon on setting up a base there. While Lyon ultimately didn't get chosen as a base, they did win new 2 routes (Madrid and Rome).

So I would see Lyon as definitely being in the running as becoming an Easyjet base, especially now with Lyon's new super-low-cost-Marseille-style Terminal.

ICING AOA
11th Nov 2006, 18:58
That would not surprise me neither, and the "Queen AIR FRANCE" will be even more pissed off :E
It seems to be still hard for easyjet to get more slots at Paris, because of (=who ???) Air France :ugh: .... But we all hope this unfare monopoly will stop in the next future :D :ok:

What about routes to Corsica (= France) ? last year, easyjet was selling very competitive tickets from Paris to Ajaccio, everybody was interested in those new route, and suddenly.... The nightmare Air france came up again and asked easyjet to stop it :ouch: ... and all the potential passengers were so sad :{

Will easyjet eventually fly there?

Getoutofmygalley
12th Nov 2006, 10:53
Will easyjet eventually fly there?

Perhaps you best ask the Eurocrats in Brussells who allow the monopolies to continue!!

They allowed the Ajaccio route to continue to have the "Public Service Obligation" status continue, therefore keeping prices high for Ajaccio residents! :ugh:

virginblue
12th Nov 2006, 10:57
Interesting to note that Easyjet has requested slots for a route EDI - MUC in summer 2007. None of the two is currently a base - does Easy do W-patterns? Flight number is EZY6919, if this is a hint.

Skipness One Echo
12th Nov 2006, 11:14
EDI is an easyBase;)

virginblue
12th Nov 2006, 11:27
Errr, stupid me. You are right, of course. I was confusing this with WW (which has requested slots at MUC from EMA).

eu01
13th Nov 2006, 14:21
Low-fare airline easyJet is to open an easyHotel in Budapest in spring. The easyHotel will be the third in Europe, easyJet founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou announced at a press conference in Budapest on Monday.
Source: Budapest Business Journal (http://www.bbj.hu/main/news_19000_no-frills+easyhotel+to+open+in+budapest+next+spring.html)

Getoutofmygalley
13th Nov 2006, 15:50
Except easyHotel is a completely seperate entity to easyJet. The only linkage is 'easy' and Stelios.

14th Nov 2006, 07:16
Preliminary results for the 12 months to September 2006
easyJet REPORTS RECORD PROFITS, UP 56% TO £129M

Record profit before tax of £129 million, up 56% from £83 million in 2005.
Passenger numbers rise by 11.5% to 33 million.
Passenger revenues increased by 5.9% or £2.13 per seat, driven by strong summer trading.
Ancillary revenues improved significantly in all areas rising by 34% or £0.86 per seat.
Unit costs excluding fuel fell by 1.5% or £0.42 per seat from £28.78 to £28.36.
Unit fuel costs increased by 33% or £2.48 per seat.
Return on equity increased to 10.1% up 3 percentage points from 7.1% in 2005.
58 new routes and 11 new destinations were launched, expanding the network to 262 routes and 74 airports in 21 countries.
Fleet grown to 122 aircraft with an average age of 2.2 years, making it one of the most modern and environmentally friendly fleets in Europe.
Further expansion of fleet planned with 52 new A319s ordered, and options secured over a further 75. This brings the total number of aircraft on firm order to 104 worth over $4 billion, with a further 123 unexercised options still available.
Strong balance sheet with cash of £861 million.

Wee Weasley Welshman
14th Nov 2006, 07:30
Just to clarify, as of today 192 Airbuses are on firm order or have been delivered.

The timeline runs:

120 Orders and 120 Options 30th Deb 2002

20 Options turned into Orders 22nd Dec 2005

52 Options turned into Orders Today
----
192 Orders used out of original 120 Orders + 120 Options
----

48 Options presumably still on the books but not seen an explicit reference.

75 New options announced.

Cheers

ps About 28 Boeing NGs remain and some are on lease until around 2011

Just Browsing
14th Nov 2006, 07:56
And an option to buy 75 A320 aircraft too.

Who knows, with all these cancellations, maybe Airbus will do a deal on a few A380s for those high density routes.

JB

Wee Weasley Welshman
14th Nov 2006, 08:00
The 75 new Options announced are for A320 family aircraft - not specifically the A320 model.

I'd love to see some A318's operating in London City and some A321's operating some medium haul low cost routes. Doesn't mean it's going to happen though.

Cheers

Stampe
14th Nov 2006, 08:03
Sounds like you guys deserve a big pay rise!!so all those tales of woe during your last pay negotiations??.Its the crew of the the low frills airlines who generate the profits,:ok: go get your rightful share.

Just Browsing
14th Nov 2006, 08:10
The BBC report specifically stated 52 A319s on order and 75 options for A320s. This may not be the same as the official easyJet press release though.

JB

Wee Weasley Welshman
14th Nov 2006, 09:14
The 52 Options converted into orders are for A319's. The 75 further Options are for any model of the A320 family, ie A318 to A321. The Options have always offered that flexibility.

Whilst there were tales of woe in the last pay negotiation the result was a 6% rise backdated and a 4% rise for this year granted in October alongside a raft of little tweaks for FOs pay. Shortly followed by agreeing to change the working pattern from 5 on 2 off, 5 on 4 off to 5 on 3 off, 5 on 4 off. We also go roster disruption payments included in the new deal.

Current negotiations seek to improve the roster pattern further.

Cheers

Powerjet1
14th Nov 2006, 12:40
From Easy's presentation re its FY2006 results, it looks like most new aircraft in the FY to Sept 2007 are going to overseas bases. For UK bases, it seems only LGW & BRS are earmarked for more based aircraft, being 2 & 1 respectively.

VanBosh
14th Nov 2006, 12:53
Powerjet1

Seems so - What about the 5 new routes from Belfast?

Sanjo
14th Nov 2006, 13:34
guys...

lets not forget that in that same slide in the presentation there are a few "tactical" aircrafts up for grabs from a few bases...

VanBosh
14th Nov 2006, 15:45
Sanjo

Yes but tactical dosnt mean undeployed. It states that they had 6 tactical aircraft last year. That would imply aircraft that move freely between bases which i dont think happens, although im open to correction.

jumpseater
14th Nov 2006, 17:09
In Andy Harrisons first sentence this morning BBC breakfast business news, he thanked the passengers, the crew and the staff.....

Which was nice.

A nice note to finish on. Please see continuation of Easyjet thread here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=252308