View Full Version : Is Aruba JAR-FCL country?

acuba 290
27th Jul 2006, 00:05
has it maybe to do with Dutch CAA...Maybe somebody know exactly?

dublinpilot
27th Jul 2006, 08:41
I don't know exactly.

However I do know that they accept FAA licences and maintenance for their aircraft, in full.

So I'd be surprised if they were issuing JAR licences. I don't know for a fact though. They may very well be.

dp

High Wing Drifter
27th Jul 2006, 08:59
Here's the list of member states: http://www.jaa.nl/introduction/Annex1-JAAMemberStates-December2005.pdf

IO540
27th Jul 2006, 09:31
I had some correspondence with them some months ago.

They run an aircraft registry, for larger planes, very handy but like the Caymans etc they only do stuff above 5000kg or so. They have a website, and respond to emails.

If they did smaller stuff, it would be handy because Aruba is a colony of a JAA member and Aruba registered planes parked in the UK should be immune to the recent (but possibly now postponed/abandoned) DfT proposal to kick out all foreign reg planes out of the UK.

It wouldn't suprise me if territory options like this made the DfT realise just how ineffective such a parking ban would be in practice, affecting the very light (and poor) end of GA, plus a load of N-reg bizjets whose owners are very well connected.

The Holy Grail is to find a registry which is a JAA/EASA member state, and which accepts FAA licenses and ratings. Greece is the only one I know of at present but you have to be a Greek citizen to take advantage of it.

acuba 290
27th Jul 2006, 10:07
almost all russian bizjets are registered in Aruba. Even "small" 767-300 P4-MES, which belongs Roman Abramovich has Aruba as registry. It must be very cheap to do like this, but i still can find CAA webpage from Aruba:)

IO540
27th Jul 2006, 13:08
It suprises me that other countries, notably some of the new JAA members, aren't doing this. An aircraft registry like I describe would make many millions a year, and could be run out of a garden shed.

The only manpower one would need would be for a lot of paper pushing, checking aircraft maintenance records submitted annually for checks, but the UK CAA doesn't even do that!

I suppose JAA leans heavily on everybody who might want to try it...

jabberwok
27th Jul 2006, 14:43
It's happening slowly. Lots of Aeroflot, Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan aircraft on the Bermudas register, Pulkovo and Alitalia aircraft on the Irish register. There is still some noises about the Isle of Man starting an aircraft register in 2007.

Fried_Chicken
27th Jul 2006, 21:22
, Pulkovo and Alitalia aircraft on the Irish register. .

probably because the aircraft are leased from an Irish company. Probably easier to get them back should things go wrong

FC

Vedeneyev
27th Jul 2006, 22:11
I imagine this is one of the reasons the Isle of Man is taking advantage of its reserved ICAO registration and looking at establishing its own registry.... :D
(Edit: acknowledge jabberwok!)

IO540
28th Jul 2006, 08:43
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realise that if the UK/EASA kicked out foreign reg aeroplanes, a lot of things would "happen" quite quickly on other fronts ;)