PDA

View Full Version : FAA CFI to JAA FI

sega
26th Jul 2006, 21:44
Sirs/madams,

outta my own lazyness I guess I will ask here first, Im sure somebody has some valuable information.
I currently hold FAA CFII/MEI licences and a JAA frozen ATPL, what do I actually have to do to get a JAA FI, what it required? I am sure that the FAA CFI is not even worth the paper its printed on as far as JAA FI goes, am I right?

any insight and pointers would be good

thanx

BillieBob
26th Jul 2006, 21:55
Whilst we in the UK are well used to bone-idle flight instructors, you really do take the biscuit! Try looking at LASORS H1.10 and stop bothering us - we have better things to do than wiping your nose.;)

johnnypick
28th Jul 2006, 09:16
sega, do yourself a favour, don't bother coming over here, stay where you are. Aviation in the UK is full of people like BillieBob, which is one of the reasons I didn't convert my CFI/II/MEI to JAA FI and only fly for 1 week a year (in the US!!).

BillieBob- if you have better things to do, don't bother replying. If anyone takes the biscuit, it's you!!!

sega, I think the training minimum is slightly less than doing the full JAA FI course, but it's down whoever signs you off (hopefully not someone like BillieBob the biscuit taker).

Whopity
28th Jul 2006, 11:31
To convert you have to meet the requirements off App 1 to JAR-FCL 1.300(ii) have completed at least 500 hours of flight time as a pilot of aeroplanes of which at least 200 hours shall be as a flight instructor ;
(iii) have completed in accordance with JAR–FCL the approved relevant course(s) of theoretical instruction and flight training. The course may be modified, as approved by the Authority, taking into account the previous training and the experience of the applicant, but shall comprise at least 30 hours of ground instruction and 15 hours of dual flight instruction performed by a flight instructor holding a JAR–FCL licence and rating in accordance with JAR–FCL 1.330(f);
(iv) have passed the skill test set out in JAR–FCL 1.345;

sega
28th Jul 2006, 16:12
Whilst we in the UK are well used to bone-idle flight instructors, you really do take the biscuit! Try looking at LASORS H1.10 and stop bothering us - we have better things to do than wiping your nose.;)
Who said I am wanna work as a flight instructor? I was asking a question on what the easiest way to get a FI rating on my licence.

Go eat some more bisquits will you.

And for johnnypick and whopity, I appreciate the constructive answers, I might have to look into this.

BillieBob
29th Jul 2006, 08:10
Anyone know what ;) means? No?......Ah,well.

autoranger
1st Aug 2006, 00:30
Looks to me as if you are eating some biscuits here ;) Billiebob!

Sega - most people will assume that you are talking about aeroplanes or do you fly helicopters? Never mind - rules are the same 15hrs flying and 30 hrs ground!

:cool: :cool: