PDA

View Full Version : What is Multi pilot time??

777pilot
26th Jul 2006, 20:39
:confused:
Hi Fellaws. please forgive my ignorant question.but i'm getting a bit confused about the term Multi-pilot time.
i'm getting a job offer and i need to validate my license to a JAR regs now .so the Hr guy was asking me about 1500 hrs of Multi-pilot time on my log book.
I have heard all different kinds of things e.g,Multi-CREW or multi engine time.
would some one give me some advice please.
my times are also:
4100 TT/ +2700 Multi engine / 1150 TP King air
have a safe flight you all:cool:

potkettleblack
26th Jul 2006, 21:12
Welcome to the world of JAA. Suggest you familiarise yourself with a document called LASORS (similar to the FAR-AIM). Here is a link:-

LASORS - 2006 (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?categoryid=33&pagetype=65&applicationid=11&mode=detail&id=1591)

Page 256 of the above document has a list of the various aircraft types and variants and the JAA view of them in terms of single pilot or multi pilot time. My understanding is it comes down to the operators certification (AOC) from the CAA (for operators registered in the UK) as to whether your time counts as multi pilot or not. For example if an operator decides to fly with two pilots but is certified for 1 by the CAA then this would not count as multi pilot time for logbook purposes.

777pilot
27th Jul 2006, 15:34
hello potkettleblack .thanks a lot for your proffesional advice but it is cleared now that he ment multi-crew time as i was suspecting it.
Now the turkish HR guy is asking me for 1500 multi-crew time.
but i thought in order to convert the ATPL license to JAR ATPL i had to have some mcc time,e.g, 250 hours. but not 1500 hrs.
BTW i'm getting a validation but not a conversion.please tell me am i right or wrong.
Can you think of any solutions please. :confused:
fly safe

Piltdown Man
28th Jul 2006, 02:07
Multi-crew time relates to the operation of aircraft which are FAA/JAA Part 25 aircraft, ie airliners. The King Air time may count for some of it, but it depends on how it was operated.