PDA

View Full Version : lost logbook

v1r8
25th Jul 2006, 22:36
I lost my logbook for a while now (about 2 months). I started logging my hours in a new logbook, but how bad will this look when I’m interviewing with a different airline ? I have about 2000 TT with 800 turbine me pic.. I’m so pissed off. What to do? How bad will this look?

Bumz_Rush
25th Jul 2006, 22:41
so you can confirm that the hours you state are to the best of your knowledge the correct hours that you are claiming.

This will satisfy the regulators, when you come to upgrade your ratings, etc.

It works in UK CAA, and FAA. good luck.

Bumz

v1r8
25th Jul 2006, 22:51
Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm so pissed off. I have both my FAA and JAA ATP(L).

Rgds,
V1.

DownIn3Green
26th Jul 2006, 00:23
You say a different airline...a real airline keeps records of your time...that's how they pay you...2,000total, 800 turbine...pissed off?,,,I don't think so...earn your hours...if you had them, you'd know how to recover the documentation.....

ray cosmic
26th Jul 2006, 06:15
Maybe the Authorities save copies of your statement of hours you make when requesting your ATPL. THey gave you the license, so they acknowledged you gave them correct data. You should be able to start a new log at least from that point.. Good luck.

iqit
26th Jul 2006, 06:23
i was in a similar situation and the company had all the hours flown with them ......it takes hours to put them all back in a logbook one by one ,but it is do-able.

v1r8
26th Jul 2006, 07:06
Gents -

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. I did request a copy of my records from both the FAA and JAA.

Rgds,
V1.

20driver
27th Jul 2006, 16:45
Know of someone who saw all his logs depart a Cessna over Chicago.
He was able to get a lot of records back from the flight training school and also his credit card slips for rental times. Yet another good reason never to burn your bridges.
20driver

Stop Stop Stop
28th Jul 2006, 12:29
I once had to do this many moons ago, when applying for a licence upgrade.

I went to a solicitor (just opened the yellow pages and stuck a pin in) and swore an affadafit before him and this was sent to the CAA who accepted it without question. Good luck.