PDA

View Full Version : Embraer 170 - 195 aircraft

The Real Slim Shady
24th Jul 2006, 18:46
Anyone operating these airplanes care to give me the low down on the good and bad points?

What spec is best?

What is reliability like? Do the actual burns meet the claims in the glossy brochures? Any feedback from CC and pax?

Looking to buy a bunch so any help would be great. Thanks.

The Real Slim Shady
25th Jul 2006, 14:36
Looking to buy a bunch = jobs.

Thanks for your interest....I'll bear it in mind when I'm recruiting.

Mercenary Pilot
25th Jul 2006, 15:21
Hey Shady, I saw your post (rant) in JB so I thought I would have a look into them myself. I think decent info is going to be difficult to come by because they are so new but anyway, LOT dispatch reliability is quoted as 98.81% so pretty good.

and i found this..dont know if its much use but worth a look Rule of 70 to 110 (http://www.ruleof70to110.com/main/index.html)

Good luck with your purchase (if you have any vacancies, let me know.;))

(Nice looking plane IMHO and I wouldnt mind a play with that Primus EPIC avionic suite ether)

G-ZUZZ
25th Jul 2006, 20:01
I also saw your blurb in the JB forum.

But I'm confused as to why someone who can afford to buy "a bunch" of them would come to a rumour network for the lowdown! Tight budget?

The Real Slim Shady
25th Jul 2006, 21:17
ZUZZ
No probs with the budget: we want 8 of them, but I would like info from the horses mouth; not the 70 to 110 brochure, all the other bits from Farnborough and the manufacturer. I can get all the spin I want from Embraer; what I need is the lowdown from the pilots, engineers,dispatchers.
Does it work? on a day to day to basis can I expect 99% dispatch?
Shopfloor is why I ask.
Edited to add: Is there something wrong in asking the "professionals" who operate the machine about the pros and cons before you spend $30 mill per unit? Or is everyone here just a spotter?

G-ZUZZ
25th Jul 2006, 21:19
Ah, yes. I once worked for a crowd who bought a bunch of something un-proven in the local environment, just so they could have something novel.

They did look good and people talked and bought tickets but it turned out the performance was something less than they'd been led to believe.

Do you think you'll get the truth here?

The Real Slim Shady
25th Jul 2006, 21:22
Zuzz,

I dont need truth: just opinion.

I will make my own mind up;but every bit helps.

Astra driver
26th Jul 2006, 00:23
A mate of mine flies the '190 for jet blue and he seems pretty enthusiastic about it. He did mention there was a problem with the engine vibe monitors being a bit overly sensitive on start up, the result being that the start would be aborted and require a mechanic to come onboard to reset the system and sign off the squawk, resulting in a 30 to 60 minute delay. I was told there was a software fix on the way to fix that.

I flew in a '170 once as a Pax and was very impressed with the aircraft; plenty of space all around; legs, head, hips & shoulder, and seats that even felt comfortable in the full upright position, which really sets it apart from the other RJ's. Full size overhead bins as well if I recall. Of course my mate that flies the '190 reminds me that it's not meant to be compared to an RJ!

mutt
26th Jul 2006, 18:00
What exactly do you want to know?

Spent the last two years dealing with Embraer, presently operating 8 outta 15 ordered.

You might get a better response asking in the TECH forum rather than questions:)

Mutt