PDA

View Full Version : Notice anything worng with this photo??

Mr Levitator
23rd Jul 2006, 23:11
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1077797/L/

Sby AI???? Its not just me hallucinating again is it??

Thought that might be a no go.........unless an in flt fail with daytime VFR....

Mr L.

Capt Claret
24th Jul 2006, 00:08
Is that a little red fail flag I see (at 1230)?

aw8565
24th Jul 2006, 05:31
I once heard an aircraft call up on a company frequency "Can you let our engineers know our standby Artificial Horizon is still U/S."

The fact that he said "still U/S" made me think they had taken off with it like that and while I also would have thought this would be a no-go item, I doubt they would have flown illegally and then announced on the R/T that they were doing so!

And how come the first officer's epaulettes are a different colour from the Captain's? And speaking of the FO, his head brings a whole new meaning to dome lighting....

knobbygb
24th Jul 2006, 09:22
Read the comment. It's a training flight (presumably with no pax) and the captain works for Airbus which might explain differences in uniform.

Also, do they maybe purposely do any kind of 'partial panel' on these training flights (i.e. pull the breakers for some instruments) or is that just a really stupid question from a PPL? :oh:

Pilot Pete
24th Jul 2006, 11:33
Also, do they maybe purposely do any kind of 'partial panel' on these training flights (i.e. pull the breakers for some instruments) or is that just a really stupid question from a PPL? :oh: That could be as you describe it;) !

Can't speak for Airbus, but on the 737 the Standby AI is not necessarily a no go item. It depends on wx conditions, especially cloud.

PP

DBate
24th Jul 2006, 13:42
Ok, so let's have a look at the MEL:

A330-2, A340-3 without DDRMI Modification:

May be inoperative provided:

1) The three IR's are operative, and
2) ATT HDG, PFD/ND and EFIS DMC switchings are operative.

Crew Operating Procedure

A330-2; A340-3 without ISIS (Integrated Standby Instrument System):

May be inoperative for a maximum of 10 consecutive calendar days provided:

1) CM1 attitude indication is supplied by ADIRU 1, and
2) CM2 attitude indication is supplied by ADIRU 2, and
3) ADIRU 3 attitude indication is available on both sides, and
4) the three DMC's are operative, and
5) ATT HDG and EFIS DMC switching is operative on both sides.

Crew Operating Procedure

I will spare you the details of the Crew Operating Procedures.

Regards,
DBate