PDA

View Full Version : Lapsed NPPL: A Question

charliegolf
23rd Jul 2006, 18:49
Due mainly to the silly currency rule (6hours in the 12 months prior to the intended flight) I've let my NPPL SSEA rating lapse. From LASORS I know I have to pass the skill test with a FE.

The question is, is it a 'sign-off', or is it a fee-paying job and weeks of waiting for the CAA after the test?

Any gen gratefully accepted.

CG

BEagle
23rd Jul 2006, 19:18
Regrettably, you will need to fly the NPPL GST with an Examiner.

There will probably be a fee to pay to the Examiner, but you do NOT need to send ANYTHING to either the CAA or NPLG. Not even a cheque!

Congratulations on actually knowing the recency regulations - these were NEVER proposed by industry but were a CAA cock-up.

Hopefully we will soon have some good news about revalidation requirements.....

NorthSouth
23rd Jul 2006, 20:41
Hopefully we will soon have some good news about revalidation requirements.....How many ANO updates have we been through so far with no sign of a correction of the cock-up?
NS

kestrel539
24th Jul 2006, 08:51
BEagle,
Check your PM's

charliegolf
24th Jul 2006, 09:24
BEagle,

Thanks (as usual) for the quick reply, sorry for my tardy one. North South has pre-empted my usual follow-up. You though, seemed to be hinting at something.......?

CG

BEagle
24th Jul 2006, 10:09
PMs checked, reply sent, chum!

Basically, have you gone past the expiry date of your SEP and/or TMG Class ratings in your UK PPL(A)?

Happy for you to cut and paste my reply as you see fit.

Re. the ANO changes, I'm hoping for a final meeting very soon with my jolly fine Belgrano inmate chums, then with any luck the Letter of Consultation and Regulatory Impact Assessment will go out soon (that's the English, rather than the CAA definition of 'soon') afterwards.

kestrel539
24th Jul 2006, 10:32
BEagle replied
"Hi,

The issue here is "When is your PPL(A) SEP Class Rating due to expire?". If the date in your licence has passed (even by just one day), then as well as the medical, you will need to fly a SEP Class Rating renewal LST with an Examiner - even though your NPPL may be valid. I have a horrid feeling that you may also need to revalidate the JAR-FCL TMG rating...but I would need to research that.

But if it's only the medical which had lapsed, then once you've got it back, you can fly on your PPL(A) again with no further formality. But make sure you get your Class Ratings revalidated before the expiry dates in your licence 'Certificate of Rating Revalidation' page."

Class ratings expired a couple of years ago, so it seems I,m screwed.
Seems rather odd tho'...same aircraft, same airfield, same pilot, same air....yet I need a re-test.
Anyway, thanks for your help.

Whopity
24th Jul 2006, 20:17
Kestrel, If the date in your licence has passed (even by just one day)
you obviously haven't seen an NPPL!

There is no such date in the NPPL! You must either have 6 hours in the last 12 months, or have passed a test with an Examiner in the past 12 months for it to be valid! Then there is the flight with an instructor in the past 2 years to take int account as well!

kestrel539
24th Jul 2006, 21:09
Whopity,
To clarify, I held a UKPPL, then went to a NPPL 'cos I'm a tight s*d.
For personal reasons I was enquiring about revalidating the PPL.
I do in the region of 40-50hrs peryear power, and 80 odd gliding.
Bi-annual last year.

Whopity
25th Jul 2006, 06:31
Then you will see there is no expiry date! unless its been incorrectly entered.

All this licence needed was a two tier medical, which already existed for the microlight, no ANO changes required; instead it still remains a beaurocratic mess, 4 years after implementation!

BEagle
25th Jul 2006, 20:18
Whopity, RTFQ!

The question was about renewing/revalidating the SEP and TMG Class Ratings in his JAR-FCL PPL!

Notwithstanding the fact that his NPPL is fully valid, as he didn't get the JAR-FCL SEP and TMG Ratings revalidated before their expiry date, he will now need to renew them if he wishes to resurrect his JAR-FCL PPL(A) now that he has renewed his JAA Class II medical certificate.

Industry wanted the NPPL, the CAA support it; it's fact, accept it.

Whopity
26th Jul 2006, 08:05
Beagle dear chap
Due mainly to the silly currency rule (6hours in the 12 months prior to the intended flight) I've let my NPPL SSEA rating lapse.
The question is, is it a 'sign-off', or

I think this was the original question! Nothing to do with SEP/TMG?

BEagle
26th Jul 2006, 18:27
Now, Whopity - is all that French sun getting to you?

charliegolf's original question concerned the NPPL; it was answered correctly.

Latter questions came from kestrel539 and concerned the JAR-FCL PPL(A) and associated ratings.

A votre sante!