widgeon
20th Jul 2006, 09:51
http://www.zaman.com/?bl=hotnews&alt=&trh=20060720&hn=34916

Bravo73
20th Jul 2006, 11:40
RIP :(

R22DRIVER
21st Jul 2006, 06:02
I thought their fleet was brand new!!! An engine failure in a brand new heli causing 5 deaths, im sure that will start some fingers pointing.

RIP Guys!

Ned-Air2Air
21st Jul 2006, 06:22
Was talking to Lyn Tilton on the phone today as she was passing through Dubai on the way to China and she said MD already have someone over there helping to find the cause. She said and I quote "It makes me sick to the stomach thiinking about what happened there as its one of my helicopters".

She may have her detractors but give the lady some credit she has taken a defunct company in MD, sunk a heck of a lot of money into it, and trying to turn it back into a respected company. I say good luck to her and her team.

By the way keep your eyes and ears open for a few upcoming announcements from MD regarding some good fleet sales. :ok: :ok:

TukTuk BoomBoom
21st Jul 2006, 20:58
Let me guess...one replacement MD600 sold to Turkey.

Rich Lee
21st Jul 2006, 21:11
Inappropriate comment Tuk.

Ned-Air2Air
21st Jul 2006, 22:09
TukTuk - Show some class mate :D

Not even in the same region of the world and more of a fleet order, not a single ship :E

LIMIT NOT TARGET
22nd Jul 2006, 01:56
There are other factors involved, such as fuel, maintenance etc. Also the pilots ability to pull off the auto, that blade doesn't look like it was spinning to fast when they hit. Not just MD issues are involved.
As for the sales coming up, we have a huge EMS and rescue contract coming up in Australia, something like 5 to 10 helicopters. Someone smart should get a good deal on a bunch of the MD902's. I would like to see that, and I would also like to see MD come back.