PDA

View Full Version : Working for China Southern West Australian Flying College?

sholva
18th Jul 2006, 04:38
Hello,

If there is anyone out there who has either been to China Southern West Australian Flying College (CSWAFC) in Australia or is working/worked there or knows anything about it, could you please help me out with this one......

I did my instructor rating in NZ and got it converted into an Australian Category III rating. Due to the lack of jobs for non-experienced instructors in AUS & NZ, i went to teach in a flying school in south east asia. I'm building up my hours now on a C152 and hopefully on a Piper Seneca soon. After I get enough experience and get my Cat II instructor rating I was hoping to apply for China Southern West Australian flying college as I've seen them advertise for Cat II instructors on the internet.

I have the legal right to work in Aus but my biggest concern is if the flying school is willing to except instructing experience in SE asia. Or do they only prefer aus experienced instructors? What do they usually look for when hiring new instructors and how easy/difficult is it to get hired? Also whats it like working for them (i.e salary, work conditions, hours etc...)? and is it advantages to have some multi experience as well?

If there is anyone out there who could provide me with any information regarding this matter I would be much appreciative.

Cheers,
Sholva.

Aussie
18th Jul 2006, 05:52
Mate, do a search there are a few threads out there on this topic... :ok:

However, just a run down, they are also currently recruiting grade 3 instructors. So you can put your name in the hat by calling Peter Nottle, the operations manager, and let him know your keen...

From what i know, they dont care where you got your experience from, as long as your flying is up to standard for the hrs you claim to hold... Instructing in SE Asia could prove to be a bonus as youve already worked with students from non english speaking backgrounds.

Starting pay is around 33K before tax, and it only goes up from there.

Ill leave it at that, as there are people who know more then me that can add to this.

Cheers

Aussie

PS Do that search!! :)

downwind
7th Aug 2006, 12:39
sholva,

Definately apply because they are in need of instructors at the moment also grade 3 but you have to start on the singles, when you have a grade 1 rating and a Multi engine training approval they let you go to phase 4 which is the multi phase and you only fly multis but you have to be g1 and have the senirority in the company for it.

you should also try singapore airlines college at jandakot in perth and flight training adelaide