PDA

View Full Version : Question about Air Atlanta

thedude1
16th Jul 2006, 18:22
I recently recieved and email from, what looks like a third source, to interview at Air Atlanta for the 747 classic. It's possible it could be a contract job through Airborne Personnel. I haven't been able to find a lot of information after doing a search, but I did read they furloughed quite a few back in the late winter/early spring. So if this is true, are they back in the hiring mode?
Also, can someone explain their payscale to me. I have never seen a scale that gives a daily fee and a hourly fee at the same time.

Mercenary Pilot
16th Jul 2006, 18:59
Hi thedude1

Your best bet is to re-post this in "Terms and Endearment" under the flight crew forums. 747...Nice! As for payscales, try here...not sure how up to date the info is?

http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/factfile.php?id=12ajsmbjp7nw40epa3u9txgnmgb1rt2fg2rwas4pnh7h 39s2271

Good Luck :ok:

thedude1
17th Jul 2006, 07:08
I recently recieved and email from, what looks like a third source, to interview at Air Atlanta for the 747 classic. It's possible it could be a contract job through Airborne Personnel. I haven't been able to find a lot of information after doing a search, but I did read they furloughed quite a few back in the late winter/early spring. So if this is true, are they back in the hiring mode?
Also, can someone explain their payscale to me. I have never seen a scale that gives a daily fee and a hourly fee at the same time.

MaxBlow
17th Jul 2006, 09:51
The reason they hire (mainly right seat) is a high number of F/O's leaving to other operators. This is because they get a real contract at other companies with pension, vacation and other normal payments.

I suggest you collect as much information as you can about their way of doing things before you join.

:cool:

Formally Known As
18th Jul 2006, 22:19
Airborne Personnel are Air Atlanta, period. It just makes it easier for them to get rid of you thats all.

Stay well away is my advise.

What sort of a company is it that fires it's a large percentage of it's crew, then a few months down the line, start rehiring and retraining?? Answer. It is a company that speeds a fortune on training that is subsidised, by poor pay and conditions.