PDA

View Full Version : "Those magnificent Men Fly-In" at HusBos;)

shockload
16th Jul 2006, 23:17
Dear all,
16th September 2006, There wll be a Fly-In, Lunch and Evening Party- Piss up here at the "Soaring Centre" at Husbands Bosworth Airfield. All Aviators and Enthusiasts are welcome to visit the premier Gliding Site of the u.k.
I hope to be able to post more details shortlyish, but the Club's Website will give a few more details on how to find us by Air or Road. See WWW.thesoaringcentre.co.uk for some further information.
Sorry if this post is a bit Vague, but the more interest that is shown, the more Beer we shall need to order:ok:
It is also the Occasion this Year of the 60th Anniversary of the Chipmunk. We have 5 Chipmunks operating here and three of them have been working hard for the last twenty years or so, hauling Gliders into the Air. They deserve a bit of a Party as well:D !
I hope that you will be able to join in with us in what will be a great day!
We look forward to seeing you and your Aircraft here soon:)
Happy Landings,
Shockload
P.S you are welcome to contact us on 01858 880807 and i'll be happy to give you any further information:8

A V 8
17th Jul 2006, 02:09
the premier Gliding Site of the u.k.

I'm not sure Lasham would agree! ;)

On a serious note though, it should be a good day. I'll try and make it down - no promises I'm affraid.

AV8

shockload
17th Jul 2006, 15:03
Thanks A V 8,
Who's Lasham? He probably drinks Lager anyway:p
Sorry folks, I'm just being cheeky:O Husbos did host the Junior World Championships last year and also a few handy Glider Pilots have been produced from here in recent years.
We also have some pretty good Party Animals here as well:} So come on Lager Boys and Girls, bring your Kites, Sleeping Bags and lets Party:ok:
Any volunteers for the job of No. 3 Engine when we play a game of "Shackleton Bomber"??:D
Regards
Shockload

kevmusic
17th Jul 2006, 18:35
I was '3rd' engine' once. Unfortunately for the extinguishers I still had a full(-ish) pint and exacted my revenge with a shower of 'coolant'! :E

airac
17th Jul 2006, 22:38
Any body from Coventry welcome?:)

shockload
18th Jul 2006, 10:40
Hello Kevmusic and airac,
We had a young lad once who had progressed from No.3 Engine to becoming a very good Skipper! Unfortunatly for him there was a "Fire in the Cockpit" call, He he!:ok:
All are welcome to come for a Visit and Beer or Three in the Evening. Even the good old Boys and Girls at Coventry! The 'Flyers' shall be in the Post shortly Chaps.
Spamcans, Stringbags and Steamrollers are all welcome to join the Circuit on the Day;)
Fancy a game of Bungee Beer Bottle running anyone?? Pass the Fairy liquid old sport:ok:
Keep Cool,
Shockload

Pitts2112
18th Jul 2006, 14:19
This is starting to sound more like a rugby party than a fly-in!

Pitts2112

UV
18th Jul 2006, 21:33
I shall be there in my SpamCan..and proud of it!
UV

shockload
20th Jul 2006, 20:37
Hello UV,

Will be good to see you and your spamcan here soon.

Will you be requiring 'Microwaved' Guiness? I hear that it is your favourite Tipple on occasions:confused:

Regards,

Shockload:cool:

UV
20th Jul 2006, 21:15
Not in the middle of the hottest summer...prat!
UV

shockload
23rd Jul 2006, 23:09
Hello UV,

Sorry, maybe I have been told porkies about you and the 'Microwaved guinness' thing.:oh:

Do come and visit soon though. We have a Regionals here this week and there is just about enough space at the bar for you. The 5 second rule does apply however!;)

Keep cool,

Shockload:ok: