PDA

View Full Version : jumpseating on easyjet, KLM, or croatia airlines

jimchi
15th Jul 2006, 16:39
Do any of you UK/European PPruners know what the jumpseat/non-rev policies are for the above mentioned airlines for foreign airline pilots? I'm a B-747 FO based in the USA and trying to jumpseat/non-rev from either london, brussels, or amsterdam to croatia. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JIMCHI

cartmanfly
15th Jul 2006, 17:55
not allowed with Easyjet.

Right Way Up
15th Jul 2006, 17:56
Jimchi,
Fraid to say no jumpseating on Easyjet.
Good luck.

rockandroll1
15th Jul 2006, 19:10
Jumpseating (in cockpit) is not allowed to/from UK.

bluepilot
15th Jul 2006, 19:14
Not allowed on KLM i am afraid

jimchi
16th Jul 2006, 01:42
Thanks for info. Other than jumpseating, does easyjet, KLM, or Croatia airlines have reduced rate travel or free travel in the cabin for crewmembers?

MOR
16th Jul 2006, 04:09
Doesn't your airline have an interline agreement? That's the only way you are likely to get reduced-rate travel, as part of the IATA regs regarding reduced rate travel is that you must do it through your company.

Having said that, half the time Easyjet is cheaper than an ID90 anyway...

Capt Sly
17th Jul 2006, 08:26
If you are part of the IATA interline agreement then you can get from LGW (London Gatwick) to Split (SPU) or Dubrovnic (DBV) in croatia for £65 on an ID90 ticket inc tax with BA. 6x week to DBV 3x week to SPU.

There are usually only 3 cabin crew so there should be 1 or 2 cabin jumpseats that you can use with the captains permission if the flight is full. I think UK law prohibits the use of the cockpit jumpseats other than that airline's staff, and so you are limited to any seats in the cabin.

Telstar
17th Jul 2006, 09:16
Jumpseating (in cockpit) is not allowed to/from UK

rockandroll1, Incorrect.

rockandroll1
17th Jul 2006, 09:26
OK, if that is so, could you please explain the rules/law for us?

Red Snake
17th Jul 2006, 11:25
You can use ID90 tickets on KLM. Not on EasyJet AFAIK. Don't know about Croatian.

You need to buy the ticket through your staff travel dept & then just turn up at checkin. Seats are allocated on a standby basis. You can list yourself for a particular flight if you know in advance & you may get some idea of availability. The rules really depend on the arrangement your company has. For us (BA) the ticket routing cannot be changed and it is valid for the named airline and/or any OneWorld airline.

I ID90 quite often on KLM & so far have not had any problems.

Superpilot
17th Jul 2006, 12:18
OK, if that is so, could you please explain the rules/law for us?

As far as I know it is prohibited on all carriers based in Europe (naturally, this is as far as the CAA/JAA can go!). There is no requirement for foreign airlines to comply with the rules so it'll be company rules/captains descretion. I got a ride into Heathrow last year on the flight deck with an airline from the Sub-continent.

DXBen
2nd Aug 2006, 11:58
I too looked into jumpseating with KLM, here's the reply I got two days ago -- I suppose you can call KLM and list ans see what happens!

"KLM's policy does not allow revenue passengers on jump seats.
Allotment of the jump seats to airline staff is at the discretion of the captain in concert with the purser."

Hope this helps!