PDA

View Full Version : BA bomb alert?

JonaLX
9th Jul 2006, 08:46
was parked yesterday just next to a B737 from BA in Geneva.

Police, fire brigades, bomb squad, everybody was there.
One bomb squad guy had even all the outfit put on him

Anybody knows what started all the trouble?

cargo boy
9th Jul 2006, 09:16
Anybody knows what started all the trouble?
A suspected bomb perhaps? :rolleyes:

k3k3
9th Jul 2006, 09:26
Or an exercise?

woodpecker
9th Jul 2006, 09:48
At least threats are taken seriously nowadays.

Years ago in Zurich we had a bomb threat during off-pier boarding. The buses had gone so, as it was raining, the passengers were asked to stand under the Tridents wings while a search was conducted!

JonaLX
9th Jul 2006, 10:05
A suspected bomb perhaps? :rolleyes:

maybe, maybe :)

I was actually wondering if the reason would have been a suspect package, a left luggage, a note saying "there is a bomb in the plane" , a phone call stating the same... or something else.

I know there were some bomb alerts recently (in australia + some other place) with messages left in the plane.

cargo boy
9th Jul 2006, 11:02
I was actually wondering if the reason would have been a suspect package, a left luggage, a note saying "there is a bomb in the plane" , a phone call stating the same... or something else.

Sigh! Well, that just about covers all the bases.

What difference does it make? Like most bomb scares, 99.999% of the time they are false and life then carries on as normal. Apart from the disruption it may have caused, what's the point of dwelling on it?

All we're going to see on a thread like this is the same old indignation from people who have nothing better to be indignant about and the "I remember when..." brigade reminiscing about some similar non-event. Get over it and please leave this forum for something a bit more news or rumour worthy. :ugh:

Fbrigade
12th Jul 2006, 12:14

And the winner is ....
A cool bag was left under the last seat row and found by the bomb squad.
The B737 was ex n/s and was sealed with the bag inside the cabin
The cleanning team was not founding the bag after the last flight
The BA cabin crew found the bag and declare the situation to the security staff.
The salad inside the cooling bag was not fresh :ooh:
When the bag was left is another subject :\