PDA

View Full Version : Swissair vs. Crossair

Raas767
26th Oct 2001, 01:16
The fact that SR will soon be another proud carrier that has gone by the wayside is a tragedy. What is an equal tragedy is the erosion of pay and benefits that the pilots of this airline will now have to endure. Pilot salaries will not make or break this new carrier. Management will. The fact that Switzerland is a small country with most of its professional pilot corps. now under one umbrella presents a unique opportunity that should be capitalized on. Former Swissair and Crossair pilots now have to unite and put their differences aside and work together to form a new union and demand salaries with work rules they deserve. Under no condition should SR pilots accept a 35% percent paycut. Salaries at Crossair should rise by 35%.
Stand tall!

DownIn3Green
26th Oct 2001, 01:29
I don't think Crossair is a new company. Will SR and Crossair combine to make one "new" company, and if so, what will it be called.

As far as salary, to my knowledge, Crossair has been employing contract pilots at a fairly good wage for some time...better than it's own pilot's wages...

Makes me wonder what will happen now, as I have many friends at Crossair, both contract and perm employees...

YakYak
26th Oct 2001, 01:29
BULL****!
If you take the time to see how the world realy is, you will realise, as the rest of us do, that no special preconditions exist as to the industrial negotiations in respect of pilots.
Crossair succeeds because it defines itself by what SR was not....flexible, responsive, dynamic, realistic, modern, and above all, well lead.

If you dislike the prospect of what's on offer at LX, try pizza delivery or taxi driving, and stand tall while you do that. This kind of work is evidently more appropriate to men of your particular vision.

Raas767
26th Oct 2001, 01:58
That posting obviously drew some fire.
Some years ago the pilots at my airlines regional had stickers on their kitbags that said: 80/80/80, meaning if management was willing to give them the mainlines DC9-80's they would fly them for 80 000 US. a year at an 80 hour month. Mainline pilots drew 175000 US. a year at 75 hours. As pilots, we are our own worst enemies. I bet the whole Crossair seniority list is salivating at the bit to be able to fly an MD11 at some rediculous rate. If LX is so well managed then they can afford to pay better. Demand that they do.