PDA

View Full Version : Eastern European ATC

radargeekgirl
6th Jul 2006, 23:29
Does anyone know who (which organisation) does the ATC in Russian and other Eastern European countries? How hard is it for qualified ATC's to gain employment there?

Cheers

RGG

niknak
6th Jul 2006, 23:35
Vy do u vant to know..??? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

radargeekgirl
6th Jul 2006, 23:50
Niknak,

Very cute. Am just curious.

RGG

clicker
7th Jul 2006, 03:53
RGG,

Ve have vay's of making you squawk :ok:

radargeekgirl
7th Jul 2006, 07:59
Why is it that I have to work with the blokes I work with, when obviously there are so many charming ATC boys out there!

I am actually just curious as to what it is like in other places.... and I like Russian beer.

RGG

vfr800i
7th Jul 2006, 08:29
A girl who likes Russian beer.... careful lads!

radian
7th Jul 2006, 10:56
Does anyone know who (which organisation) does the ATC in Russian and other Eastern European countries? How hard is it for qualified ATC's to gain employment there?

If you count Poland as "other Eastern European country" - we have Polish Air Traffic Agency (www.pata.pl) which will be transformed into Polish Air Navigation Services Agency on 1st. January 2007.
It shouldn't be hard to get a job here if you have your ATC licence and... if you know Polish :)
And by the way... I didn't know that Russians make good beer ;-)

fabrifx
7th Jul 2006, 11:55
Why is it that I have to work with the blokes I work with, when obviously there are so many charming ATC boys out there!

RGG
not to talk about the ATC girls that work in serbia montenegro towers..8 hours work could become more enjoyable :)

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00005369...

clicker
7th Jul 2006, 11:57
.... and I like Russian beer.
RGG

Ve have vays of getting you hissed. viv or vivout ze least germain petrol.

radargeekgirl
7th Jul 2006, 12:08
Ve have vays of getting you hissed. viv or vivout ze least germain petrol.

Clicker,

Not sure if the chardonnay has hijacked the sense of humour but you gave me a good giggle. (no smilie to facilitate the giggle)

It was actually a serious question (beer aside) thanks radian!

RGG

FinalVectors
8th Jul 2006, 14:39
Cheers
RGG
Same as for Poland goes for Czech rebublic. No problem getting work there as long as you know the language. Because of the lack of controllers, they are also talking about making the upper sectors...English only... so they could avoid the language problem for forreign controllers. But for now they elected to wait with this.
The Czech controllers are employed by the goverment http://www.ans.cz.
They are pretty good paid (about 10 times "industrial worker" salary, so if you compare livingcosts to salary they probably are "on top" in Europe) and have 5-6 weeks holiday + 2 weeks paid spa threatment every year as well :)

I work there sometimes as instructor in their school, which are holding an exelent standard of education http://tc.ans.cz/index_ls_en.htm

And ofcourse...the most important....They have the best beer in the world :} :}

jovica
8th Jul 2006, 15:07
not to talk about the ATC girls that work in serbia montenegro towers..8 hours work could become more enjoyable
She is in the ACC now :) .
Working in Serbia? Great money. Bad manegement. Occasionally interesting work. I guess it's a standard situation all over Europe.
P.S. It is Serbia alone now. Finally!!!
P.P.S. Salary is around 14-15 times average salary in the country.

5miles
9th Jul 2006, 03:45
.... and I like Russian beer.

Can't believe an Aussie gal can't find a nectar ale of choice without leaving the country. Or does QLD not stand for Queensland??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

radargeekgirl
9th Jul 2006, 04:03
Can't believe an Aussie gal can't find a nectar ale of choice without leaving the country. Or does QLD not stand for Queensland??
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Perhaps a bad idea to mention beer around controllers????

Not that Australia doesn't have excellent beer (VB being the exception) however working/living o/s gives something the opportunity to sample the delights of other countries. The Czech Rep has some very very nice beer too.

Back to the work questions.

How hard is the language barrier to overcome? Presumably you need to be fluent?