PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza

hollywood285
5th Jul 2006, 16:53
Thinking about flying there in september, anyone got any views on the airport, is it going to be a small fortune to land/handle? any recommendations for hotels there, we are only going for 1 night then off to majorca.:)

S-Works
5th Jul 2006, 20:25
I flew into Maorca (Son Bonet) a couple of weeks ago and a 3 day stay cost me e38. When I inquired about going to Ibiza for a night they said to exepct around the same. We did not make it in the end, the beer was cheap on Majorca so let us know how it goes!

172driver
6th Jul 2006, 12:06
Being an AENA airport, the landing fee should be around EUR 10. However, check the NOTAMS, AFAIK LEIB has a similar restiction to the one in LEMG, i.e. no VFR for some days of the week during the summer months. September definitely qualifies...:{

172 driver
7th Jul 2006, 07:01
It's a few years since I flew in there, but it wasn't expensive at the time. Perfectly straightforward airport to use at the time.

My only hotel recommendation would be to book something in advance if arriving in peak season - we didn't, and were told that Ibiza was full - took us a while to find somewhere.