PDA

View Full Version : MCC licence for CASA licence holder

DC-3
4th Jul 2006, 13:16
hey everyone, does anyone know of flying schools that offer a MCC course on its own for CASA CPL licence holders? i understand Flight Training Adelaide offers MCC courses but i think(from wat i read on their website) that it is only available for airline customers (ie for cadets) or self-funded students who have completed their CPL training at FTA. Are there any flying schools in Australia who offer a MCC course besides FTA? Also, correct me if im wrong but i couldnt go enrol in an UK MCC course as it would be to JAA standards right? (although i have researched that there are many schools which allow one to do the MCC course on its own without having to attend that particular flying school)

thanx in advance!

Grivation
5th Jul 2006, 06:32
To the best of my knowledge there isn't any requirement for the holder of a CASA licence to complete an MCC.

DeltaT
24th Jul 2006, 03:19
MCC is a JAA requirement only, and was introduced to meet the shortfall in pilot experience of 500multi.

Australia and New Zealand, having plenty of Pilots in abundance, would have no need to have a waiver on the experience in leiu of a course.

Capt Claret
24th Jul 2006, 04:07
MCC ? :confused:

DeltaT
24th Jul 2006, 04:31
Multi Crew Co-operation

usually about a 2 week course, first week repriseing theory we (downunder)would probably call Human Factors but very much more on the practical cockpit application and crew interaction, followed by week 2 with 20hrs in a (usually) fixed base sim going through line and emergency procedures in a multi crew set up. Sims used range from Beech200 to 737.

triadic
24th Jul 2006, 05:07
Geee ... and I thought it was the Melbourne Cricket Club !!

:confused: :ugh: :ugh: