PDA

View Full Version : Landing at Bournemouth

Heliplane
3rd Jul 2006, 19:42
Hi All,

I wondered whether anyone has landed at Bournemouth recently and has an idea about applicable landing/handling fees.

I'm thinking of dropping a couple of friends there this Saturday (will only be on the ground for 20-30mins with an AA5) and my research thus far indicates that there are somewhat exorbitant landing/handling fees - so much so that I might just scrap the idea of stopping there all together.

Are there any tricks to keeping these fees to a minimum?

Thanks,

HP

MEON VALLEY FLYER
3rd Jul 2006, 19:57
Short of parachuting them in, cant see an escape for the fees and handling. Unless you have business with a company there. But it's not as bad as Southampton, especially if you handle via the museum / dha

I'm sure your aware of the alternatives (Compton, Sarum and some private strips in the normal guides, so it's those or Hurn.

Flyin'Dutch'
3rd Jul 2006, 22:38
PA32 a few weeks ago was about £60 for landing and handling.

AA5 will be a bit cheaper but not a lot.

Soton is cheaper I believe.

EGBKFLYER
4th Jul 2006, 09:42
Landed there about three weeks ago in a PA28 and was handled by the place next to the museum (forget the name now). I paid £45 for 20mins on the ground.

Fuji Abound
4th Jul 2006, 21:01
"Soton is cheaper I believe."

Where? I would be interested in any information?

ForestFlyer
5th Jul 2006, 06:23
"Soton is cheaper I believe."
Where? I would be interested in any information?
Basic landing fees excl. VAT were about £8 per half tonne last time I went there in an AA5B... I think it worked out at £29 including VAT, and no handling fee if you are dealt with by the airport Ops team.

If it's only a quick stop, then they will probably find a space for you, and they don't charge a handling fee. It's only if you use Signature that it gets more expensive because of their handling fee. If you can be flexible on times and make sure you're punctual once booked in, the airport Ops team are very helpful, considering they have only 12 stands which are all full with commercial stuff at certain times of the day.

Always been very helpful to me on my occasional GA visits, I use mostly commercial nowadays. I don't have their direct number to hand I'm afraid though, so you'll have to call the hideous 0870 040 0009 airport number and ask to be put through to airfield ops.

Davidt
6th Jul 2006, 14:43
Handling at Bournemouth is mandatory (or so I was told when I went there a couple of weeks ago) by "Bournemouth Handling" would you believe and about £30 for a single spam can.

Southampton last year charged me @£45 IIRC

Heliplane
7th Jul 2006, 10:44
Thanks for all the responses. I think I'll give landing at Bournemouth a miss. I might think differently if there was any value received from paying these fees but we all know the answer to that!!