PDA

View Full Version : RED BULL

bencoulthard
30th Jun 2006, 17:29
I don't know how many of you watch this on TV but I have to say I saw it for the 1st time the other night, wow wow wow wow wow

and WOW

The precision of those guys is awesome. The commentator mentioned they weigh 550kg and have 343bhp. At points they were pulling 14g?????!!!!!?????? WHAT? HOW? at that I weigh 1500kg

So just to say, respect is due and if you haven't seen it, then get hold of it and watch it.

Ben

fmgc
30th Jun 2006, 17:42
Do you mean this (http://www.redbullairrace.com/)?

femaleWannabe
30th Jun 2006, 19:20
I saw a bit of it last sunday morning... amazing!! Is it on every week for so many weeks? Would like to catch it again :}

foxmoth
30th Jun 2006, 19:31
Bookings are now open for this year at Longleat, I would suggest you put in for a minibus of 12 and organise around that, (tickets are per vehicle, not per person). I have booked a ticket, anyone that wants to go from E Hants (I am in Petersfield) PM me for places as I have booked a 12 seater in.:ok:

bencoulthard
30th Jun 2006, 22:09
Booked :-) where's longleat? :-(

SQUAWKIDENT
30th Jun 2006, 22:10
Great to see an aviation related programme on the TV with such a positive theme - pity about the cr@p time! Disappointed with the two presenters though. Where DID they drag them up from!

Leezyjet
30th Jun 2006, 22:50
Looks like Red Bull are out to milk it for all they can get this year. £35/vehicle whereas last year it was free. :eek:

I won tickets in the ballot last year too, but was unable to attened on the day so gave them away.

:\

foxmoth
1st Jul 2006, 07:08
Looks like Red Bull are out to milk it for all they can get this year.
I think £35 is pretty good value when you think you can take a 13 seat mini bus for that, where else would you get an event like that for less than £3/head, even if you only use a car and put 4 in it is less than £9 per person. Last year many on this Forum missed going because of the lottery system.:ok:

Whirlybird
1st Jul 2006, 07:31
Wow! I don't have time to organise it, but if anyone from the Midlands or thereabouts is organising a minibus, count me it. :ok:

splatt
1st Jul 2006, 07:53
I reckon the system this year is much better. If you want to go you'll pay. The lottery system ended up being a free for all and it was quite evident that a lot of the crowd had no idea what they were coming to see last year. The commentator lady asked another lady in the crowd why she was so excited and the reply came that she was excited she was going to see some racing cars!! I mean I was just lucky I found someone who won a ticket last year but at that point I felt so sorry for all those aviation enthusiasts who didn't get in because monkey's like that got in instead!

Kirby Chambliss, since his 'Cobra' takeoff, has made a fan of me. He seemed genuinely surprised last year when I introduced myself and actually knew something about him LOL. So paying this year can only make things better in my opinion :)

splatt

Leezyjet
1st Jul 2006, 10:27
Totally understand what your saying chaps, and I agree that it is still good value, was merely saying that it is a bit of a price hike from last year, and other events around the world are still free.

Maybe if the venue wasn't such a limiting factor in the numbers able to go and watch, then we could still have it for free like the other countries do.

There are loads more places they could have held this that would have allowed more people to see the show.

:\

coodem
2nd Jul 2006, 20:14
Im glad they are charging this year, last year I entered for the "lucky draw", so did 5-6 of my mates,but none of us got anything. So we had to get them on ebay. £80 per car ticket.

I could not believe how many people were cashing in. Ordered the tickets today. Only 1 per household.

Longleat is in Wiltshire. Well worth the money. You can even bring your own food/drink

Hope to see a few of you there.

General Aviation
2nd Jul 2006, 22:39
Could work out cheaper to travel to Budapest and watch from the banks of the Danube. Much more entertaining, in my humble opinion as part of the course takes the aircraft under the chain bridge deck! Apparently, apart from the New York marathon, this is the largest gathering of sports spectators in the world.
Maybe too late in the day to organise for this year but I'm planning to hire a spectator area should the event be staged in Budapest 2007. Wonder if there would be any takers?

davidatter708
3rd Jul 2006, 15:46
Can we campain to red bull so next year its at an airfield so we can fly in at a certain time in the morning and fly out at a certain time in the evening that way loads more pilots would go
Any ideas?
david

bencoulthard
3rd Jul 2006, 19:18
start a new thread here, ill print it off and take it with me :-)