PDA

View Full Version : PPL completion abroad!

Sainty43
29th Jun 2006, 20:16
Hi all,

Ok I am looking to complete my ppl abroad somewhere as I am fed up with the weather here and have had enough of my flight school!

To be honest I dont mind where I go to complete it (Florida would be nice!) I just want to finish asap!

I know there are a few threads knocking about on this subject but I cant seem to find them! If anybody has been to a good flight school or has heard of one please post their info on here! Obviously I want to finish with a british ppl!

Many thanks

Sainty

potkettleblack
30th Jun 2006, 08:21
Those posts you were hunting for are probably hiding in the private flying forum.

There really aren't that many anymore especially when you knock out those of a dubious nature. Tis a shame as Florida was thriving when I did my PPL. Like you I got fed up with the UK weather, instructor crying off, taking time off work to get a slot only for it to be cancelled and instructors jumping off to the airlines. I had about 20 hours before I went to Florida but it was easier for all concerned to start over again and do a 45 hour package.

Here is a link to the CAA website which lists all approved FTO's. Page 5 has the ones based overseas.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG_FCL_APPROVEDFTOS.PDF

PS: successful completion at any of the above schools will get you JAA PPL issued by the UK CAA as the issuing authority. It ain't British anymore since they started agreeing everything by committee vote.