View Full Version : thomson emergency landing in MRS

aerojul
27th Jun 2006, 21:23
I took off this evening from MRS just before the arrival of a thomson in emergency : smoke in cabin.
Pilots seemed to be very calm under their oxygen masks.

Hope that it finished with an happy end without injuries. (they planned an evacuation).

Rwy32R
29th Jun 2006, 09:49
Hi,
The Thomsonfly 757 landed safely and stopped on the taxiway.The firemen checked there was no outside problem.Then the pilot taxied the aicraft to a remote stand.Passengers deplaned normally while firemen and crew checked the aircraft inside.They had to stay in MRS terminal for a whole night because all hotels in the vicinity were full.
Thomsonfly sent another aircraft to MRS yesterday morning to pick up the passengers and allow them to continue their flight to Malta.
The aircrat involved in this accident (G-BYAN) left MRS yesterday afternoon for a ferry flight to Minorca.
I don't know the origin of the smoke in the cockpit.

britanniaboy
30th Jun 2006, 10:17
As far as I am aware, there was no smoke in the cabin but rather a burning smell in the flight deck (as far as I am aware at least). My mate text us from MRS to say she was night stopping and said nothing about smoke in the cabin. Not spoken to her since she got home though.

TightSlot
30th Jun 2006, 19:49
I'd give her a bell after she has slept britanniaboy - you'll find that her adventures continued the next day!

Smudger
30th Jun 2006, 20:12
If I have to deal with an in-flight non-normal situation (which I have done on a few occasions in my 35 years of professional aviation), do I have to consider what some pprune poster will put on this notice board, in the form of a judgement as to how I have dealt with that situation based on hearsay? No, I don't think so. For Christ's sake, let's wait for the report and make our judgements/comments then.
Sorry everybody, I've just read what I've written and I seem like a bit of a prat, but I know what I mean.