PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

SparkyBoy
26th Jun 2006, 16:29
> BIGGIN TOWER, GOLF BRAVO HOTEL DELTA UNIFORM LOCAL

< GOLF DELTA UNIFORM, PASS YOUR MESSAGE

> GOLF DELTA UNIFORM, new member and just thought I'd say hi! :ok:

I'm currently on about my 7th hour of training towards my PPL, taking instruction out of Biggin Hill.

All is going great and it's all starting to come together now - introduced to Ex 8 and 9 yesterday (Medium Level Turns, Use of Flaps and Powered Descent) topped off with a very bumpy landing on 03.

My wife is bored stiff of aviation chat already, so looking forward to chatting with you all!

Cheers

Sparky

cessna l plate
27th Jun 2006, 09:15
Welcome aboard.
Flying is one of our great freedoms (so they say) Get your ppl and you will join a very exclusive club indeed. It can best be summed up as "the most fun you can have with your clothes on"

As for the missus getting bored of flying already, like most here, wait until you get to the "You'd love me more if I had wings" conversation.

foxmoth
27th Jun 2006, 09:33
wait until you get to the "You'd love me more if I had wings" conversation.

Well, yes, but only if Aerobatic! (Warning - do not get into a conversation about how nice vintage aircraft are!!:} )

MoateAir
27th Jun 2006, 11:14
And never mention the much better handling and performance of a newer model with sleeker lines.:ouch:

SparkyBoy
27th Jun 2006, 12:42
And never mention the much better handling and performance of a newer model with sleeker lines.:ouch:

Hee hee ! :)

and I don't think "get inside her and take her to heaven and back" is going to go down well either. :mad:

LysanderV8
27th Jun 2006, 12:54
Welcome Sparky !

My wife didn't so much get fed up with the aviation chat as intrigued. She is now doing an NPPL:hmm: Just when I thought I could get some peace.........

Hey ho

Cheers all

Lysander

BRL
27th Jun 2006, 16:44
Hi Sparky, you seem a good laugh :ok:

Enjoy the forum :)