View Full Version : Training videos

1/2rhoVsquared
4th Jul 2005, 07:44
Can anyone help? Looking for a video called 'the wrong stuff' made by the BBC Horizon team some years ago. If anyone can shed light on where I can get hold of a copy please don't hesitate in contacting me
Regards
p.s. already contacted the BBC and they were next to useless (surpise surprise)

surfnsun
4th Jul 2005, 10:14
Yep, I have a copy. Use various segments for training, both CRM, HF and general flight safety.

Purchased through the BBC in Sydney. Don't know if they still have copies or not.

Happy to check if you like.

1/2rhoVsquared
4th Jul 2005, 12:04
I'd very much appreciate that if you could. Also heard of a video called 'the unflyable plane? its about the DC10 at sioux city another ppruner is looking for it:D

surfnsun
6th Jul 2005, 04:30
I contacted the BBC outlet here in Sydney. The video 'The Wrong Stuff' is still available, but is $249 oz plus $20 p&h (local).

[email protected] is the person you need to send an email to for further details(She is in Sydney). For info, their address is;

BBC Worldwide
Level 11, 50 Berry Street
North Sydney, NSW 2060, AUSTRALIA

I didn't ask about the other video, Jan might be able to help with that one.

OKOC
7th Jul 2005, 15:34
1/2rowv2

I have seen the "unflyable plane" video advertised on Ebay recently along with "The failing aviator"-worth a look.

GULF69
26th Jun 2006, 08:16
Hi Guys and Gals,

Do any of you know of a website where i can find aviation safety video clips, for example "dangers of jetblast" etc.

I like to keep some on file for training purposes.

Thanks

tbc
9th Jul 2006, 12:22
Try this one:

http://www.bofunk.com/video/983/jet_blast.html

Also try 1001crash.com for other videos.

aajones
13th Jul 2006, 18:36
I have placed a number of Air Safety Related BBC training Videos on Ebay

Moderator Comment: Please conduct that business via Personal Message as unpaid advertising is not allowed on PPRuNe.