PDA

View Full Version : Questions - Manchester New/Future Stop Bars

Scottie Dog
24th Jun 2006, 19:15
After what seems to have been a long period of work, I noticed today that the construction around the end of Pier C appears to be nearing an end. On closure inspection it would appear that taxiway D has in fact been moved a number of feet to the west, therefore giving more length to the stands at the satillite. Does this mean that the stands around the end of the satellite will take B777-300s?
Now to the subject of Taxiway N. The UK AIP states that a new stopbar has been located abeam stand 72. This stopbar is N3. I understand that the new work in progress around stands 67-68 is for both remedial work and also the installation of a further stopbar; if this is correct then will be this N2? If N2, then where will N1 be located?
At least it looks as if this winter the airport will be able to handle a greater number of ground movements in LVPs as previously there was a massive gap between N1 (NA1) and D5/L1.
All we need now is for the top neddies to finally recognise that they need to spend some more money on airfield development and then they might start to get back the old days when the airport was known for its forward planning (okay, only joking it will probably never happen in my life-time).
Scottie Dog