PDA

View Full Version : Licencing question

fernytickles
24th Jun 2006, 12:57
Presumably I have to dig through the Transport Canada pages, but can anyone give me an idea what I would have to do to convert UK and US ATPLs to a Canadian ATPL?

Thank you.

Glorified Donkey
24th Jun 2006, 13:05
same as converting Canadian ATPL to UK/US ATPL?

jurassic
25th Jun 2006, 14:09
Convert is the wrong word. No credit is given for having a foreign ATPL. You must simply meet the requirements. Three exams - SAMRA, SARON, INRAT, complete a multi-IFR flight test (Canadian) and apply and pay the fee. You must meet Canadian requirements listed in the CARS 421.34. Log books must be submitted with application.

fernytickles
25th Jun 2006, 15:02
Jurassic,

Thank you for that informative and constructive reply. I have also sent you a pm.

Oh, no I haven't - it won't let me.

I just did a google search for the CARS 421.34 and it went straight to the recent pprune posting from an Australian asking the same questions. Thank you for the help.

jurassic
25th Jun 2006, 15:49
Fernytickles,
I did get your e-mail.
Go to www.tc.gc.ca and go to the CARS section. There are two sections, Regs and Standards. The second number indicates which.
eg. 401.34 is the Regulation
421.34 is the Standard, it really tells you how to meet the Reg. 421.34 will tell you what the exams are about and how many hours you need for the ATPL. What it doesn't tell you is that F/O time counts at 50%. That is listed elsewhere. Can't make it too easy and keep it all together.
For studying, personal recommendation is Aerocourse. They do weekend courses, I don't know if they have self study. I am not connected with them, but I do deal with them a lot. I don't believe anyone else in the country will prepare you as well for the exam, they have a lot of feedback from students after they have written the exams.
TC is not like the FAA, they don't publish the questions for you to study.
Good luck.

fernytickles
25th Jun 2006, 16:32
You did get my email? Thats funny, it wouldn't even let me write one.....

Anyway, thank you for all the info. I'll look into Aerocourse and see what they have to say about it all.

Glorified Donkey
25th Jun 2006, 16:49
Without taking the actual Aerocourse course, the book is just questions, very few of which I found on the TC exam. They are same type of questions but not the actual ones.